Canberra rides and beers

LPG

likes thicc birds
I might be in, concerned about state of trails if we get much rain tomorrow
That would be fun. 1-5 mm the day before is probably good for the dirt. Pretty sure what was left of my local trails was getting about 1-5 mm a minute yesterday.

LPG

likes thicc birds
The conditions look like they should be perfect. I'm pretty much locked in. Still thinking you will come out for a ride @johnny ? Anyone else?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, as long as I’m not clogging the drive train with mud and crap, I’m in. Warning on sub-par fitness levels though. I won’t be setting any PBs.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Yeah, as long as I’m not clogging the drive train with mud and crap, I’m in. Warning on sub-par fitness levels though. I won’t be setting any PBs.
That's all good. I'm not particularly quick, particularly with the lack of riding time I've had this summer.

What time were you planning to ride? As above I'm thinking I will be riding from around 9.30 and will probably leave by 2.30. I'm happy to meet at the trail head at some point and I'll have a decent food break in the middle of you prefer to meet in the middle of my riding time.

LPG

likes thicc birds
9:30, I'll be there.
Good! I should have no issue making the 9.30 start. I'll be the guy on the raw bike with the raw fork (Bird AM9 frame, Manitou Mezzer fork). I could describe myself instead of the bike but even if I was a 250cm tall albino man with breast implants most of us would just be looking for a bike with a long seat post.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
We might need to start a general Canberra riders page.

Picking up some consumables from MTB direct and while trying to get the cart to free shipping I came across Blub tyre sealant on clearance $80 for 5l, that's under half what Stan's goes for.

There is no way I can use 5l would anyone in Canberra be interested in a litre or so if I picked up the 5l workshop bottle?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I have a special Stromlo moisture indicator (underground spring) in my driveway and it has been running solid for a good month after drying up in early Autumn.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Oh dear, why? I'm coming down this weekend to try and get a ride in on dirt and escape the constant rain here.
I hope you like galleries and breweries mate. We’re almost under water here, and lucky to see the temp rise above 10 in the day. We’re going to be a mud pit for months.

I wouldn’t even pack the bike.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I hope you like galleries and breweries mate. We’re almost under water here, and lucky to see the temp rise above 10 in the day. We’re going to be a mud pit for months.

I wouldn’t even pack the bike.
Already have a few gallaries etc locked in for the little people, breweries...if I must...

The cold doesn't bother me, I can bring the full face and knee pads to keep me warm as I pootle around Stromlo's green trails...rain i'm sick of it...hardly had the bike out this year.