Canberra rides and beers

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Oh yeah Snakes in a motherfing junk yard. Actually some really cool looking cars there, is it a private business/farm?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Would consider staying overnight if there is somewhere good to camp or stay.
There is this place, but being a free one it will be likely crawling with grey nomads:

Its by the river and not too far out of town, I stayed at an airbnb in the little town last time I went to Cooma

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I'm driving down tomorrow so may be tempted into some Handlebar action...my immediate families negative test all came through about 3pm.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Like @johnny I have commitments keeping the story of a fat man in red breaking entering my house on Christmas day alive so Friday evening is out but, Friday afternoon from lunch till probably 4pm I would be keen for a ride and a beer. If you can make it an hour earlier @Scotty T we can catch up for a birthday brew.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
He’s a maybe now so I’ll just come and find you and let him know where we are and when.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Going to head out to Stromlo this afternoon if anyone is keen? Will probably try and avoid the heat and go from 4-6ish @johnny you got that Hyrax built yet?

LPG

likes thicc birds
So I haven't been able to ride any trails within a sensible distance from home (Wollongong) for way too long and I'm getting very itchy for a ride. I'm considering a day trip to Stromlo this Sunday but None of my usual riding buddies are able come. Anyone interested in meeting up to ride Stromlo or similar on Sunday? I'm happy to share to driving to Canberra if there is someone else from Sydney or similar that interested.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
So I haven't been able to ride any trails within a sensible distance from home (Wollongong) for way too long and I'm getting very itchy for a ride. I'm considering a day trip to Stromlo this Sunday but None of my usual riding buddies are able come. Anyone interested in meeting up to ride Stromlo or similar on Sunday? I'm happy to share to driving to Canberra if there is someone else from Sydney or similar that interested.
I'm keen but will have to see what I've got on with the kids. Might be able to meet up for an hour or so if it's early.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I'm keen but will have to see what I've got on with the kids. Might be able to meet up for an hour or so if it's early.
That could work out well. As my drive is ~3 hours I won't be there before 9. I'd guess a 9.30 or 10am start for me. I'll be planning to leave by 3.00pm and hopefully have racked up 40km to make the drive worth while.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I'm good for Sunday morning around 10am. It's pretty easy to throw down between 10-15km in an hour at Stromlo so look at ~3 hours for 40km. I can only do one hour 10-11 usually but will check with the fam on their movements. Looks like no rain Sunday morn too so it will prolly be a bit of hero dirt action if rain eases back tomorrow.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
That could work out well. As my drive is ~3 hours I won't be there before 9. I'd guess a 9.30 or 10am start for me. I'll be planning to leave by 3.00pm and hopefully have racked up 40km to make the drive worth while.
Sorry I'm out, taking the kids rock climbing from 10-12 then family lunch after.

Will have to catch up with you at some stage @LPG to have a look at your Aires, I should have the Aether 9 running this weekend hopefully.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Sorry I'm out, taking the kids rock climbing from 10-12 then family lunch after.

Will have to catch up with you at some stage @LPG to have a look at your Aires, I should have the Aether 9 running this weekend hopefully.
Double disappointing, I would love to check out the Aether. I've never actually seen another bird in the flesh!