Canberra rides and beers

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Figured I’d get the discussion rolling a bit early as I’m really looking forward to the end of the year and this can give me a deadline to get the Hyrax finished!

ride and beers don’t have to happen on the same day either, and there’s no reason to limit ourselves to just one, of either!

@Tubbsy @Scotty T @Haakon @droenn @Litenbror @T-Rex

tag someone if you know they’re in the “Berra

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Sounds good @johnny we have a few options for location, Stromlo obviously but also OCI is close to Bruce ridge and Edgar's is pretty close to Majura.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Sounds great. If the crow eaters hurry up and get vaccinated I should be spending a week or two in SA around xmas, but generally around and keen to see this Hyrax!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Ban you all I say! Planning bloody Xmas rides and beers and rubbing it in our faces....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Weekend of the 11th or the 18th (or both, at different trails, one north, one south, or something)?

Won't have the Hyrax going, might have the Stache, though.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
11/12 works well for me, prefer the Sunday I think. Haven't ridden in a few weeks now with all the rain, and also waiting on dropper post parts to rebuild, otherwise I might need a loaner post...

Litenbror

Eats Squid
11/12 works well for me, prefer the Sunday I think. Haven't ridden in a few weeks now with all the rain, and also waiting on dropper post parts to rebuild, otherwise I might need a loaner post...
Sunday's are usually better for me as well but can be flexible. I have a 150mm 31.6 PNW Rainer you can borrow if you need it.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Sunday's are usually better for me as well but can be flexible. I have a 150mm 31.6 PNW Rainer you can borrow if you need it.
Awesome - that might get me out of trouble for the meetup. I’ll let you know next week if the parts havent arrived, cheers!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
So I should go into the fuckwits thread for this, but A) I don't have any bike on the road ATM, B) I now have family commitments that fuck me over.

Only saving grace is that if we have a storm on Friday I'll at least be able to come meet for beers.

I hate shit that sucks, it's fucked.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
So I should go into the fuckwits thread for this, but A) I don't have any bike on the road ATM, B) I now have family commitments that fuck me over.

Only saving grace is that if we have a storm on Friday I'll at least be able to come meet for beers.

I hate shit that sucks, it's fucked.
Got a 29er rear wheel you can borrow if that helps.

Currently @droenn and I for 11th, anyone else? Also happy to meet at Capital brewery/Handlebar/OCI for a few beers one evening.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Currently @droenn and I for 11th, anyone else? Also happy to meet at Capital brewery/Handlebar/OCI for a few beers one evening.
12th is better still, busy on 11th in the morning.

Should we just go for beers Friday evening and work out the rest from there? I'm also not likely to get my dropper parts in time so will need to coordinate with you @Litenbror if the loaner is still possible.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
12th is better still, busy on 11th in the morning.

Should we just go for beers Friday evening and work out the rest from there? I'm also not likely to get my dropper parts in time so will need to coordinate with you @Litenbror if the loaner is still possible.
I think a few beers on Friday evening sounds like a good plan, anywhere in particular?

Droppers no problems I can either bring it on Friday or we can sort out a good time to come and grab it.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I'm easy, office is in Braddon so I can get to Bentspoke but Capital no bother also.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I'm easy, office is in Braddon so I can get to Bentspoke but Capital no bother also.
I have to help the Mrs until about 6ish setting up at the farmers market out at Epic. How's between 6:30 and 7 arrival time at Capital sound?

Looks like I'm heading to Cooma to do shuttles on Saturday.