Can America be fixed?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Poor Tucker. Fox have dumped Dan Bongiorno too. Is this the start of a pivot away from the nutjob extremism?

This is wild, the evidence in Smartmatic's lawsuit must be absolutely damning.

It still looks like Fox has shat the bed though - how are they going to explain to their viewers they've fired their highest rating host without having to explain the lawsuit(s)? Be even crazier if Tucker sued them.

Anyway, this still kneecaps the propaganda wing of the MAGAs. Good times.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
This is wild, the evidence in Smartmatic's lawsuit must be absolutely damning.

It still looks like Fox has shat the bed though - how are they going to explain to their viewers they've fired their highest rating host without having to explain the lawsuit(s)? Be even crazier if Tucker sued them.

Anyway, this still kneecaps the propaganda wing of the MAGAs. Good times.
The MAGAts are already piling Fox in with the fake news brigade. They have more than enough willing spruikers to give them what they need.

They are tearing the GQP apart, their numbers are dwindling though still many millions, and they are getting more radical and itchy triggered.

Will the Civil war start before or after November 2024?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Na, America can’t be fixed
Nope. Not quickly anyway.

Even if you impose super strict gun control’s tomorrow, it will still take two generations to get them out of their cultural identity. You’ll need a couple of generations of people who grew up with them being illegal to stop them being normal…

rockmoose

Even if you impose super strict gun control’s tomorrow, it will still take two generations to get them out of their cultural identity. You’ll need a couple of generations of people who grew up with them being illegal to stop them being normal…
And that is never going to happen without a bloody and protracted civil war.

I wonder if we could send Avi Yemeni over there to live stream the event?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

I reckon even if you get some form of gun control now, the horse has already bolted. The real game is the 'cultural identity' that you've named but I don't think you change that for the better by banning guns. I reckon it would just harden a lot of people who are pro guns or even fence sitters who could be swayed by rhetoric around freedom being inexorably linked to the right to defend (implicitly including guns).

Unfortunately the great American narrative about freedom and opportunity is now too closely aligned with violence. The stories they tell themselves - from the Wild West to Wall Street - are all about aggressively taking what you see as yours and defending it to the death. Hard to change that narrative now.

rockmoose

I reckon even if you get some form of gun control now, the horse has already bolted. The real game is the 'cultural identity' that you've named but I don't think you change that for the better by banning guns. I reckon it would just harden a lot of people who are pro guns or even fence sitters who could be swayed by rhetoric around freedom being inexorably linked to the right to defend (implicitly including guns).

Unfortunately the great American narrative about freedom and opportunity is now too closely aligned with violence. The stories they tell themselves - from the Wild West to Wall Street - are all about aggressively taking what you see as yours and defending it to the death. Hard to change that narrative now.
That it is all done in the name of the lord, in their twisted Christian narrative, is also a big hindrance to common sense snagging a victory.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

Yep. And hard to see a society like that lasting too much longer...

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Another mass shooting:(
Texas mall shooting updates: Alleged massacre suspect identified (msn.com)

I've seen the comments on a few videos and the progun camp are usually of two opinions...
1: It's a mental health problem not a gun problem.
2: The whole world is like this, it's just normal.

It's like talking to flat earthers, they believe they are being told lies about the rest of the world not having the almost weekly mass shootings but won't actually go out and see for themselves.

rockmoose

I've seen the comments on a few videos and the progun camp are usually of two opinions...

It's like talking to flat earthers, they believe they are being told lies about the rest of the world not having the almost weekly mass shootings but won't actually go out and see for themselves.
I saw in comments for this latest one, that there were 11 mass shootings last Sunday.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Apparently that was the 199th mass shooting for 2023!
Texas then manged to follow up it up with this:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/07/us/car-pedestrians-brownsville-texas.html

Ackland

chats d'élevage

And no surprises.... AR-15 style weapon.....