Can America be fixed?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I miss the days when conspiracy theories were something you chucked around with mates after a few too many beers, instead of being the exclusive enclave of the dumbest of dumb****s.
C'mon man, do your research!!

You will never get the 1% sekrit kabal knowledge that way. It is difficult to choose to either dig out the doomsday bunker first or spend the time researching new wacky theories and hoarding ammunition for the apocalypse.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Parts of Mexico exist in a state of perpetual low level civil war due to the drug trade. The murder rate is huge. I’d also expect gun ownership to be higher than registered here (same in US - 3D printing will also increase the number of unregistered/untraceable guns)
Not sure 3D printing is going to be a big factor here as some main parts, barrel etc aren't able to constructed that way.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

3 days ago

"Metal parts readily available"
Yeah, I'd kinda call bs on that one. I'm 100% on the gun control bandwagon, bought the coolade and chugged it down gleefully, but this is sensationalism.

Metal parts for a working firearm readily available? I don't remember seeing the "metal gun parts" aisle down at Bunnings. Don't get me wrong, the dude has clearly managed to make a thing, but this isn't as simple as grabbing an STL from thingiverse and a length of pipe from Bunnings.

I'd be curious to see the inner workings, if I was a betting man I'd put money on there being some level of machining wizardry involved, well out of the scope of a regular 3d print enthusiast

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Yeah, I'd kinda call bs on that one. I'm 100% on the gun control bandwagon, bought the coolade and chugged it down gleefully, but this is sensationalism.

Metal parts for a working firearm readily available? I don't remember seeing the "metal gun parts" aisle down at Bunnings. Don't get me wrong, the dude has clearly managed to make a thing, but this isn't as simple as grabbing an STL from thingiverse and a length of pipe from Bunnings.

I'd be curious to see the inner workings, if I was a betting man I'd put money on there being some level of machining wizardry involved, well out of the scope of a regular 3d print enthusiast

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I'd be more interested in shaking the hand of the person who was game enough to fire it... and I do mean hand as a singular.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Metal parts for a working firearm readily available? I don't remember seeing the "metal gun parts" aisle down at Bunnings.
police also allegedly found a barrel manufacturing station.

So obviously not just some guy randomly wanting to print a gun. Seems like he had some background.

Sure, might not be a gun parts isle, but anyone who can be bothered to do some Learning and has the inclination to do something like this probably can. That's the point. This isn't going to get harder, only easier.

For instance it's not particularly difficult to manufacture one of the most potent hallucinogenic compounds known to man. Ask me how I know ;)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
police also allegedly found a barrel manufacturing station.

So obviously not just some guy randomly wanting to print a gun. Seems like he had some background.

Sure, might not be a gun parts isle, but anyone who can be bothered to do some Learning and has the inclination to do something like this probably can. That's the point. This isn't going to get harder, only easier.

For instance it's not particularly difficult to manufacture one of the most potent hallucinogenic compounds known to man. Ask me how I know ;)
When will it wear off?

mark22

Likes Dirt
Bearing in mind a centerfire rifle produces around 65,000 psi at the chamber and a pistol around 35,000 depending on the calibres.

Parts for firearms, receivers, bolts and frames etc. are strictly controlled to import.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Besides the corruption, the gangs in Mexico more or less control the government with fear, if you want to have a look where the US turns a blind eye to drugs, just look up "Kensington ave" on youtube.
The "zombie street" has popped up in my feed before. I suppose that's what happens when there's no restrictions but also no support.
It does sound like a reasonable solution they have going there. It might just be easier to punish and enforce than to care and support and the reason the former is usually taken.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
When will it wear off?
Accurate...

"People tripping on LSD may have very questionable reasoning skills, becoming impulsive or irrational.
As the drug kicks in, users may spend a lot of time pondering something that appears incredibly unimportant. They aren't always easy to understand, but when they do talk, they speak quickly and jump from subject to subject."

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Accurate...

"People tripping on LSD may have very questionable reasoning skills, becoming impulsive or irrational.
As the drug kicks in, users may spend a lot of time pondering something that appears incredibly unimportant. They aren't always easy to understand, but when they do talk, they speak quickly and jump from subject to subject."
Lsd is child's play ;)

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Bearing in mind a centerfire rifle produces around 65,000 psi at the chamber and a pistol around 35,000 depending on the calibres.

Parts for firearms, receivers, bolts and frames etc. are strictly controlled to import.
. Just one example

Some more

So basically to make a rifle barrel you need a sufficiently thick and strong piece of steel and a way to bore through it.

Rifling buttons can be bought online and steel of various thicknesses bought litterally at bunnings (or a steel supplier if you wish).

Seems like "readily available" may be a bit of a stretch, but with a bit of perseverance and some preperation, completely doable.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
We all know it wouldn’t change his mind, he’d just double down even harder.
8chan: not even once.
Its amazing that the simplest solution to solve the failed war on drugs iof decriminalising and regulating the industry never gets any steam. I get the hesitance to do so, but surely it wouldn't create a detriment to society worse than the incessant and rampantly advertised gambling industry already does.
Amended.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
i looked this up as i havent seen any advertising except for the occasional tatts jackpot and stuff around melbourne cup.

in 2021, 948 gambling adds a day on FTA tv a day alone! increasing trend year on year. Given there are rules around what programs and times they can advertise, that's crazy.

Turns out i don't see this shit generally because i have pop up blockers, don't watch FTA TV or listen to the radio and don't watch any sport.

Though i doubt advertising of legalised/decriminalised drugs would be incessant. Opening this up would have so much regulatory oversight that that the sort of stuff that would have to be considered before opening the flood gates and given we dont advertise medicines or pharmaceuticals here, i cant imagine wed start advertising pot, heroin, phycedelics etc in any media. I mean we have ZERO ciggie advertising (not counting F1 livery etc.).

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
If you don't care about accuracy and just want it to go bang you can make something with limited tooling. I have enough gear to do so and have two scale cannon that require about 7 seconds of boring with a gun drill to make lethal.