Can America be fixed?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
So anyone seen the news? us shoots down cylindrical object over Alaska. Then earlier today, Canada shoots one down over the Yukon.

Heaps of news about it. Lots of press conferences and every one is being deliberately vague.

Kinda wierd.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
So anyone seen the news? us shoots down cylindrical object over Alaska. Then earlier today, Canada shoots one down over the Yukon.

Heaps of news about it. Lots of press conferences and every one is being deliberately vague.

Kinda wierd.
Because no one wants to start a war with China

Flow-Rider

Burner
Asian countries push back on China’s wild demand

"Indonesia has moved to revive regional talks on China’s long demanded “code of conduct” for the South China Sea. Will it force the new, “loveable” Xi Jinping to reveal his true colours?

Beijing is demanding that Indonesia, Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Taiwan surrender their territorial rights to the South China Sea. But all have rejected its claim of “historical” ownership of the 3.5 million square kilometre waterway.

Now escalating military pressure from China is forcing the traditionally non-aligned South East Asian states to seek mutual and international support."

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

"Indonesia has moved to revive regional talks on China’s long demanded “code of conduct” for the South China Sea. Will it force the new, “loveable” Xi Jinping to reveal his true colours?

Beijing is demanding that Indonesia, Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Taiwan surrender their territorial rights to the South China Sea. But all have rejected its claim of “historical” ownership of the 3.5 million square kilometre waterway.

Now escalating military pressure from China is forcing the traditionally non-aligned South East Asian states to seek mutual and international support."

my money is on some serious dick swinging in the very near future

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

We should start a new thread of can China be fixed.

I think the CCP learned the wrong lesson from the opium wars and the collapse of imperial rule. Being a big arsehole and pissing off all your neighbours doesn't end well, just ask France, Germany, Japan, and Russia. Avoiding endemic corruption and epic misrule help too.

It's better to kill them with competence and kindness.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
A: How many cops does it take to beat the shit out of a cyclist and tase them for something that should be a caution at most?
B: As many as can pile on.

America = Poor Impulse Control. :mad:

No. I don't think America can be fixed. Close the borders so the fuckwits can't escape into Canada, wipe the hard disk, start again.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A: How many cops does it take to beat the shit out of a cyclist and tase them for something that should be a caution at most?
B: As many as can pile on.

America = Poor Impulse Control. :mad:

No. I don't think America can be fixed. Close the borders so the fuckwits can't escape into Canada, wipe the hard disk, start again.

If Trump gets arrested we might have civil war 2.0 and get the hard reset.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
If Trump gets arrested we might have civil war 2.0 and get the hard reset.

Unfortunately, the hard reset is likely to look like this
SPOILER: It's already happening, has been for years.

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Another school shooting in the US :(
Still so many comments saying "They can get guns if they want, there's no way of stopping it". So they do nothing.

The old Einstein’s quote of "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" rings true.

moorey

call me Mia
Another school shooting in the US :(
Still so many comments saying "They can get guns if they want, there's no way of stopping it". So they do nothing.

The old Einstein’s quote of "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" rings true.
Einstein never actually said that.

But no, I no longer think America can be fixed. Even though around 70% of all Americans are in favour of gun control, there just doesn’t seem to be the political will outside pearl clutching after a massacre, and the offer of thoughts and prayers for a couple of days, then back to business.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Einstein never actually said that.

But no, I no longer think America can be fixed. Even though around 70% of all Americans are in favour of gun control, there just doesn’t seem to be the political will outside pearl clutching after a massacre, and the offer of thoughts and prayers for a couple of days, then back to business.
Its been a lost cause for many decades sadly. Shame, its an interesting place with a lot going for it and a lot of very interesting people.

americo dias

Likes Bikes
In order to be fixed they would have to get past their wild west mentality where everyone is out to get you and nothing short of a bazooka will suffice for home defense.

Unfortunately they have their rights that come from their constitution and its amendments. So that means that any lunatic can rock into Target and buy an automatic weapon and ammunition. Cast your mind back to Columbine, they bought the ammo the morning of.

But much like they amended the document once, they can do it again. Except, like people have touched on, no one in government has the balls to do it because the big lobby groups end your political career and the lunatics can end you.

In the meantime, people send their kids to school in the morning not knowing if they’ll be coming home and those same kids go to school and get taught what to do/ how to survive a school shooting. That I think is the true mark that they are lost.