Camping blocks,whos got one?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
That second one is cool. The Tallarook one would be traffic noise all night - above the Hume 4.7kms is not far enough....

Haakon

Whos complaining? Just pointing it out... Some people are fine with traffic noise, my tolerance for it got broken living near citylink - 24/7 trucks and I just cant handle it anymore...

Otherwise agree, super cool spot for replicating the Harcourt trails - same sort of terrain and geology :)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
My grandfather left 60 acres of lovely Nicholson back water frontage paddocks in Sarsfield to my mum and her sisters.

Has a covenant over the title, it stays in the family and can never be sold.

It's been almost 20 years since I've set foot on it. About time I changed that.

My second cousin or some such owns the farm next door, with this tree that's grown up through a abandoned truck on her land. Great photo op that one.

Haakon

Its a great idea I often had - the apartment right in town for work, remote(ish) block as home for the weekends...

mark22

Likes Dirt
Don't wish to put a damper on things but I used to live on the other side of the Tallarook State Forest and quite a lot of city folk ( locals call them blockies) purchased properties for the part time tree change factor and pretty much all of them would sell the after 4-5 years.
One of the big factors was the fire hazard on unmaintained blocks and fencing as most would have a neighbour on at least one side and the silly ones that thought we can just leave some stock on it to keep it clear and leave em to fend for themselves.
Security was an issue when they were not there as most blocks would be a bit out of the way and scumbags would pilfer stuff, so most blockies would cart good tools etc. Home.
Typically you could see the initial enthusiasm wayne after 2-3 years of trying to keep it nice, a bit like @link1896 not having been to the family property for 20 years.

It's a great theory but I reckon it's sort of like a jet ski, its really good if your mate has one.
Funny just had a look at the Tallarook one, council would not like that one bit and once their attention is drawn to an illegal building it's on.
But don't let me talk you out of it....

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Dont need one my whole place is a camping block.
Seriously as Mark 22 says, though they are nice, some city people have no idea about maintenance issues.

Last edited:

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dont need one my whole place is a camping block.
Seriously as Mark 22 says, though they are nice, some city people have no idea about maintenance issues.
I agree I spend far more time slashing grass than building trails, but still enjoy the escape, financially I would say it make no sense whatsoever but I enjoy it and friends and family get to use it as well.