Camp Grounds - Thredbo/Jindabyne

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Hi all. I'm planning to take the family away to Thredbo/Jindabyne for a couple of weeks over the Xmas break.

We've got a fully stocked camper/fridge/solar and I'm looking for campground or holiday park reccomendations.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
If you’re going to be fully stocked Ngarigo is lovely and right on the TVT as a bonus. Just check when it’s reopening as many sections are closed for tree clearing and track upgrades.

Not super near town if that’s important, although Thredbo Village is a short drive away.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Lovely spot, we stayed at Ngarigo last year, until we got evicted because bush fire... was absolutely packed but might be better this year if the mandatory National Parks bookings are still a thing.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
When I went down earlier this year for the Super Enduro I stayed at the Discovery Park in Jindy - right on the edge of the lake at the start of the road out to Thredbo - good spot with direct access to the lake and walking track etc. and only a short drive to the shopping centre in town itself.

Could be a good option if you wanted other amenities outside of Thredbo itself while down there.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Cool thanks for the recommendations all. The Discovery park looks good.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate make sure you book your site. Thanks very fucking much to COVID, you now have to book your site to camp anywhere in the national park. Ngarigo as suggested is great as is the Thredbo diggings campsite. Over the other side I can highly suggest Island Bend campsite near Guthega. If you've got kids they'll love the mulitude of wombats cruising around there on the lower levels of the camp near the river.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Mate make sure you book your site. Thanks very fucking much to COVID, you now have to book your site to camp anywhere in the national park. Ngarigo as suggested is great as is the Thredbo diggings campsite. Over the other side I can highly suggest Island Bend campsite near Guthega. If you've got kids they'll love the mulitude of wombats cruising around there on the lower levels of the camp near the river.
Yep, just booked our site for this year/next year. At just $6 admin fee it's not that big an imposition especially if it avoids the "stacks on" cluster fuck we experienced last year, I was half tempted to fire up a few alias email accounts and see how many bookings it would take to have the entire campground to ourselves.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I was half tempted to fire up a few alias email accounts and see how many bookings it would take to have the entire campground to ourselves.
Don't laugh...as this has already been attempted in a few locations around the state so I'm told. There are certainly a few days recently where the campsites at the local have been booked out but there are many vacant sites...