BVRT Brisbane

binner

Hath shat hymself
Heya,
been looking at this trail for a bit and keen to get it done before summer hits us. Has anyone done it from Ipswich and return?, if so...how long did it take you, where did you stop O/Night, did you ride any of it at nite, is there a shuttle from Ipswich to Yarraman if we only want to do down to Ipswich, if you only did yarra to ippy how long did it take or if you only did ippy to yarra how long did it take......
just want to get a better idea of what we are in for and how to prep....

Cheers,
Coppo

Minlak

custom titis
The trail is easier from Yarraman to Ipswich so if you were riding both ways I would go Ipswich to Yarraman and back - you do pass plenty of towns for refills etc although the rail association has asked that you buy water as many of the towns rely on tank water etc and as a way of supporting the town. Food same deal plenty of places to stop.
Otherwise you can certainly bike pack and be self sufficient- people often camp on the trail itself overnight you will find plenty of spots to pull up and have a kip or pull into one of the many towns you pass.
Up and back in one hit is 320kms and is usually around a 20 - 24hr ish ride for the people that manage this sort of thing in one hit.
There is a shuttle I know goes from Blackbutt to Yarraman for grp and tour rides unsure if they will do a pick up from Ipswich

marks

Likes Bikes
A mate did it just recently but just 1 way. Had family camp centrally and shuttle them from camp site back to where ever they finished did it over 3 days.

Minlak

custom titis
When I head down to the BVRT I usually park in Linville and ride to Yarraman - then ride back - that’s a bit over 80kms round trip but you get to finish your ride with a 20is km down hill run :)