Buying parts from Superstar Components

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anybody here bought / ordered directly from Superstar Components in the UK before?

I recently thought I would order their 'Slackerizer' angled headset, but got quite a shock with the prohibitive postage price offered on their website (300gbp! on a 37gbp item!!)
I sent them an email, and the response I received was:

"Thank you for your email. We are sorry to say that due to insurance reasons we are unable to ship to the country you are in. USA/Canada/Australia/NZ/Russia/Singapore/Thailand/Malaysia are example places but if you are reading this eamil, then it will include the country you are from. For now and the foreseeable future, we are sorry to say that Superstar Components are not able to be shipped to these locations. This is why the postage cost is shown as £300+.

You can however choose to ship somewhere else (Europe or the UK) then have them forward it to yourself but our responsibility ends once it has been delivered to the shipping address.

Regrettably, we cannot make any exceptions to this and if your country is not listed, unfortunately, it’s the same result. "

Very disappointed to receive this reply, they have basically ruled out any customers from the side of the world, and many others for that matter.
They were appealing for the low price, but have since lost me due to their unwillingness to post to Australia.
Now the next cheapest brand (works components) is also in the UK. and does offer affordable postage, though the headset it 20gbp more expensive.

Is superstar just too lazy to send products to the countries on the list? I am struggling to understand what 'insurance reasons' are stopping sending to us / me.

Edit: who is running a works components -2deg? I am planng on putting it on an Intense SS. How much bb drop should I expect?

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I looked into buying something from them years ago and it was the same back then - postage was prohibitive. Whatever
I was looking at, there were plenty of other options I could choose so I just struck Superstar off my list and have never been back.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bought stuff off them in 2015 and shipped them to my brothers house in Belfast, he then sent them on to me.

Wasn't too impressed with the brake pads to be honest.

hdfgfshgfhg.jpg