Buying computer parts

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My email to Bitdefender asked how is this stuff getting on here and why am I paying for total security with live Malware detection and these smart viruses are sneaking on undetected and a full scan says it's all good.
It is a fuzzy running gun battle professsion with no end. They all have false positives and false negatives due to the detection engine getting it wrong. They also need to know about what any new malware 'looks' like before being able to tell the client to stop it.
Malware writers are also like Wily Coyote with keyboards :D

Flow-Rider

Burner
It is a fuzzy running gun battle professsion with no end. They all have false positives and false negatives due to the detection engine getting it wrong. They also need to know about what any new malware 'looks' like before being able to tell the client to stop it.
Malware writers are also like Wily Coyote with keyboards :D
Probably Coyote sending the virus to make work for himself.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
So they've used an enterprise policy to install an unwanted Chrome extension. See in your screenshot where it says managed by your organisation at the top. It takes a little bit of fiddling to remove the policy.

Usually policies are used to enforce mandatory extensions within a company.

Get yourself uBlock Origin to block the most common source of malware: Ad networks,

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So they've used an enterprise policy to install an unwanted Chrome extension. See in your screenshot where it says managed by your organisation at the top. It takes a little bit of fiddling to remove the policy.

Usually policies are used to enforce mandatory extensions within a company.

Get yourself uBlock Origin to block the most common source of malware: Ad networks,
Cheers Wes, so how did it get on there ? Through an ad ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Can't say for certain. It's possible one of your boys was one-handed browsing in some less reputable places.
Rule #8 - Never let anyone else on your computer.

Ahh ok that makes sense, the difficulty using the mouse with yer left hand is it leads to unwanted clicks :D

link1896

Mr Greenfield
To mitigate the ongoing cluster fuck that is winblows, run backup software.

Acronis True Image (recently rebranded as Acronis Cyber Protect) is really good. 50 usd a year subscription.

You configure it for automatic backups, so when you click windows shut down/sleep, it runs an incremental backup, then the pc resumes the shutdown.

You can set the backup frequency, in a high risk/high demand environment you’d go daily, less frequently for casual usage.

You backup to an external drive, NAS, etc. I wouldn’t use their cloud service, locks you into them too much.

Make sure the external storage location is password protected so malware cannot execute its dirty deeds on your backup. Ideally the backup is encrypted by Acronis. Don’t forget that password……

Acronis let’s you create a bootable usb drive for recovery purposes, so should the worst happen, you can recover.