Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Your order probably bumped mine off the plane and hence had to take the boat instead haha
Nooooo.....I hope not.

I don't think it was upfront at the pointy end of Scandinavian Airlines flight picking between the chicken or the fish either :)

How hard could it be to ship a card with stickers inside it anyhow?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Rule #6 - Never order the parts before the frame is on the way.
Last build I was ordering bits about six months before I'd even decided what frame I wanted - it spreads the alarming financial damage out over a longer period so it all seems fine. Then just stick your fingers in your ears and start screaming whenever anyone asks what it cost. Worked so far.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Last build I was ordering bits about six months before I'd even decided what frame I wanted - it spreads the alarming financial damage out over a longer period so it all seems fine. Then just stick your fingers in your ears and start screaming whenever anyone asks what it cost. Worked so far.
Know that game. I've been snaffling up all manner of components every time there's a Pushys, MTBD or Bikebug sale and there's stuff in stock... and I don't even know if I want to build another bike.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Know that game. I've been snaffling up all manner of components every time there's a Pushys, MTBD or Bikebug sale and there's stuff in stock... and I don't even know if I want to build another bike.
I have the same affliction, brother.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Last build I was ordering bits about six months before I'd even decided what frame I wanted
No way... wheels, trail or enduro build, hub spacing (Superboost), weight weenie or park bike, dropper diameter, dropper drop, fork beefiness and length, tyre type... just leaves drivetrain, saddle and bars.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Transdirect.

Booked and paid online for a pickup.

Pickup time was between 10am and 5pm Friday past.

The seller had someone home all day and no couriers turned up to collect. It's 7pm Friday night when they let me know.

Called Transdirect and waited 35 minutes on Monday morning.

"Yessss it's only a possible pick up window, not guaranteed"

What ! :mad:

"Would you like me to book you in again for this afternoon"

Can you guarantee me that it will be picked up.

"As I said sir, it's only a guide and we are understaffed because of covid"

So, let me get this right, you want me to ask the seller to hang about the house for a 2nd day incase you guys decide to come and pick up the package I booked last week... and if they nip out for 5 minutes and you appear, it costs me $30 rebook, yet there is no repercussion when you dont turn up ?

"Yes that's correct sir"

Cancel and refund my money now !

"Certainly sir, you should get a cancellation email soon... anything else I can help you with today"

Speechless...

WTF kind of outfit are they running :mad: