Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Thanks- looks good but postage is about $130 given the size of the box…Pushys here I come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't bought anything through them recently.
However, given the overall rise of freight costs.
If it is something you just have to have/ and can't get in Aus, then it's probably worth it despite the cost.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
DHL Express...
True !

Anyone used a freight forwarding service in the US to buy stuff from Jensen USA? Need new full face, Pushys and MTB direct have limited stock and prices to take the piss.
Bike24 are letting some brands through, TLD, 100%, IXS and Fox. Nearly all other sellers have stopped sending helmets to Aus.

I bought #2 a 100% Aircraft for x-mas, it was a fair bit cheaper than buying here. Not even sure if they had this colour scheme here.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Anyone used a freight forwarding service in the US to buy stuff from Jensen USA? Need new full face, Pushys and MTB direct have limited stock and prices to take the piss.

Ive used MYUS.com which operates out of Florida. Used their consolidation service for a bike frame and a bunch of parts from different sellers (and a new phone from the us apple store) and it was all good.

I had scratches on the frame from a packing error though, but they reimbursed me the value of the frame!!

animalman86

Likes Bikes
Ive used MYUS.com which operates out of Florida. Used their consolidation service for a bike frame and a bunch of parts from different sellers (and a new phone from the us apple store) and it was all good.

I had scratches on the frame from a packing error though, but they reimbursed me the value of the frame!!
Wow that is pretty good!

Looking at their shipping prices, they are much cheaper than others. Might be a go. Jensen has 15% off today too.

Thanks

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Wow that is pretty good!

Looking at their shipping prices, they are much cheaper than others. Might be a go. Jensen has 15% off today too.

Thanks

I use myus also. Never had any drama's at all with them and their charges are reasonable.

ozzybmx

So my Bike24 package just arrived, 16 days from order to delivered. That's a great outcome, sadly none of it is mine.

My last was 2 months and I know some Burners are still waiting on packages from Nov last year :(

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It's the Germans causing the problem!

Bought a microspline conversion kit from Lordgun. I placed the order at 10.40 Thursday morning Italian time, and it left their warehouse at 5.50pm. It made it to Germany by 5am Friday and it hasn't moved since.

And my Bike24 package has been in Frankfurt since Dec 24

Coincidence?

ozzybmx

It's the Germans causing the problem!
It's a prioritisation issue. They are not shipping earlier packages that have been waiting.

Nov and Dec packages that have been sitting in Frankfurt should be moving before Jan orders with standard DHL.

Nearly like they have pushed them into a warehouse and are filling the planes from the front of the warehouse, rather than the back.

Minlak

custom titis
It's a prioritisation issue. They are not shipping earlier packages that have been waiting.

Nov and Dec packages that have been sitting in Frankfurt should be moving before Jan orders with standard DHL.

Nearly like they have pushed them into a warehouse and are filling the planes from the front of the warehouse, rather than the back.
Its cause the back of the warehouse is dark - All the nuclear plants are being shutdown they have no power for the lights in the back.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Forgot to say Bike24 was just regular DHL but paid extra for UPS from Lordgun.

But it's irrelevant now cos UPS just changed from delivery on the 7th to date unknown. FUCKERZ. It's the only piece of the puzzle I'm waiting for.

ozzybmx

Anyone had a UK order via FedEx? Mines been sitting in Melbourne since 25th Jan.
Those useless Aramex (Fastaway) tossers have lost my fckn helmet between the Gold Coast and Adelaide... they said its not lost, its in transit for 19 days and I should be patient :D

Phoned Crooze and told them their choice of courier was shithouse, Crooze tells me its between the courier and I... they had done their part by sending the item.

I'm like, maaaaate if its not here by Friday, you can talk to my CC company.

I'll probably give it another week but 1 month is enough.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Those useless Aramex (Fastaway) tossers have lost my fckn helmet between the Gold Coast and Adelaide... they said its not lost, its in transit for 19 days and I should be patient :D

Phoned Crooze and told them their choice of courier was shithouse, Crooze tells me its between the courier and I... they had done their part by sending the item.

I'm like, maaaaate if its not here by Friday, you can talk to my CC company.

I'll probably give it another week but 1 months is enough.
That prety shit house. Local orders from Pushys and MTBD have been 3-4 days once dispatched the last few months. Hope it turns up.

ozzybmx

That prety shit house. Local orders from Pushys and MTBD have been 3-4 days once dispatched the last few months. Hope it turns up.
I know corona shit is going on with a lot of places and I am cutting them some slack, its 3 weeks on Saturday so will let it slide till next Friday before throwing the toys out of the cot.