Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Package picked up from MTB Direct on Monday, still waiting for it to even appear in the Auspost system...

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Two packages stalled at international departure in Auckland since the 23 Nov.......I swear it's a ploy so the government has more time to assess each and every item for import tax and GST.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
DHL express seem to be the only ones able to get things through with minimal delay at the moment.

Normal DHL, well still got a record sitting at Frankfurt since 25/10….

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ordered some budgie smugglers for my 4 year old from Speedo and it took them 10 days to even post the things - will be a month before I get them. I can't even hate on Australia Post yet.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
What’s the normal wait time to clear customs in Melbourne? Bike24 order landed on Monday; wondering if I’m a sneaky chance to get it before Xmas.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
MTB Direct with AusPost express is no better currently. Ordered Mon morning, still not in state.
Yep, deliberately chose to go with the standard (free) post option as I assumed that Express would be no better. Seems to have been the correct choice, under the circumstances.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My Bike24 is still in Frankfurt since 5/11, looks like #2 son will have to wait till we come back to get his helmet... he has plenty anyway.

There was a few bits for me in there too... nothing I cant wait on.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Got shipping notification two days ago that my new frame is scheduled to arrive on the 16th (of this month) from the UK.....got excited, then remembered this thread :D not getting my hopes up but quietly have everything crossed.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
My Bike24 is still in Frankfurt since 5/11, looks like #2 son will have to wait till we come back to get his helmet... he has plenty anyway.

There was a few bits for me in there too... nothing I cant wait on.
I also have something in Frankfurt, since 19/11. Thought it was out of the ordinary as other packages from the same place (bike-components) have been much faster, but I guess that's just the way it is right now.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yep, deliberately chose to go with the standard (free) post option as I assumed that Express would be no better. Seems to have been the correct choice, under the circumstances.
This actually arrived on Friday, which isn’t so bad, TBH.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone had a lost parcel dispute resolved with Australia Post? I had some stuff coming from OS which got scanned by AusPost on 3rd November and hasn't been seen since. They've opened a lost parcel thing, but I kind of get the feeling it's a bit like this.....

Not holding my breath

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I had a parcel arrive roughly a week after raising a case. Not sure if AusPost actually did anything, or someone just tripped over it at the depot and decided to get it out of the way and deliver it...