Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ozzybmx

Not a tree-hugging earth muffin
Doesn't look that way. Trickstuff still in the holding pattern in Frankfurt whilst the Vorsprung has gone thru Sydney and is on the way to Brisbane.
When you click on the tracking number, DHL post goes to dhl.de where DHL Exp goes to dhl.com and says being handled by DHL Express.

Both websites look the same.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Got a bunch of small parcels on the way.
All 6 foreign eBay and AliExpress orders have shipped and has started their journey within 1-2 days.

But wouldn’t you know. Only 1 of 3 local Aussie shops have shipped within a day. The others are 3 days and counting.

It’s no wonder we keep buying from overseas.

The Duckmeister

Surely not Shirley
First up a LTIH.....Ordered spokes through a mate's shop; got a message yesterday arv to say they'd arrived, so swung down after work to pick them up. He cracked open a box to see if they were the ones I was after. Right profile & length, but very black. I specifically asked for silver. Quick look on the supplier's website shows only black Aerolites. While he was on the phone to them to confirm the absence of silver, I was trawling the DT site in case the silver option had been discontinued. Nup, still there, local mob just don't bring them in. Bum.

So it's OS I go. My go-to for spokes in UK also only has black. Hunted a few other sites & found a couple that have what I want; Starbike end up over $100 cheaper than B24, so order fired off. Probably going to end up in the Frunkfart (that is deliberate spelling) black hole for at least the next month...... :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

Not a tree-hugging earth muffin
Ordered from Bike Discount on the 3rd, order arrived on the 15th. Freight was $67 but was a solid box, taped up and strapped. Tiny things ordered still inside. Would order again if needed.
That was really fast. My BC order which had one item with a 7 day lead, that took 10 days to ship and now been in Frankies for 11 days with no sign of movement.

slowmick

38-39"
That was really fast. My BC order which had one item with a 7 day lead, that took 10 days to ship and now been in Frankies for 11 days with no sign of movement.
I was a little worried as there was only one delivery notification in the tracking website from the day it was dispatched saying it was being shipped and it would be handed over the local team in the destination country for delivery. Then it just turned up.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Hoping this is the best thread. Would anyone in Perth like some subsidised Bike24 shipping? I want a jacket and maybe some other clothes but 40€ is quite a lot.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Bought a big box of (car) suspension from a seller in the UK on Sunday evening.

Bought a very small box and a slightly larger box of (mtb) suspension from two sellers in Germany on the 9th August.

The UK order turned up yesterday before the goddam tracking number had even updated to 'it's on the way'! 4 days!

The Germans.....well, they are still in Frankfurt :(

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Bought a very small box and a slightly larger box of (mtb) suspension from two sellers in Germany on the 9th August.

The UK order turned up yesterday before the goddam tracking number had even updated to 'it's on the way'! 4 days!

That’s nuts. I ordered car brakes/pads from a Aussie company Sunday and they were delivered yesterday which I thought was pretty good.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

You can't leave us hanging like that. What was in the car suspension?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk