Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Aramex you useless POS, at nearly 4 weeks my helmet is sitting in a warehouse in Port Adelaide, queued for delivery.

Thanks for your contact and patience.

The parcel is in the Adelaide depot in the queue for delivery.

Very appreciate for your understanding and patience.
My patience and understanding wore out after a week :mad:

ozzybmx

have you called and talked to a human at Aramex?
Cannot get through to a human on the phone, its all messages directing to you to the website.

Though about pretending to be a corporate customer and going through those phone options but they are responding to emails.

No point me getting aggro with a young receptionist that has no control over the shite service her company provides.

My second laugh is a Crooze.com.au :D Phoned them to tell them of the supposedly 'lost' helmet (which they have now found in the warehouse) and Crooze says "we have done our part, its between you and the courier company"... "did you choose the insurance option ?"

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My second laugh is a Crooze.com.au :D Phoned them to tell them of the supposedly 'lost' helmet (which they have now found in the warehouse) and Crooze says "we have done our part, its between you and the courier company"... "did you choose the insurance option ?"
Oh nice. Will knock them off my list of potential businesses to buy from then..

In other news, the AliExpress combining packages feature is pretty neat. I just had 3x separate orders rock up in one parcel, only a week after ordering. Puts local/national delivery timeframes to shame.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Oh nice. Will knock them off my list of potential businesses to buy from then..

In other news, the AliExpress combining packages feature is pretty neat. I just had 3x separate orders rock up in one parcel, only a week after ordering. Puts local/national delivery timeframes to shame.
Wait until they leave one part out, but your "combined" delivery gets delivered. No way to prove you didn't get all the items.

ozzybmx

Wait until they leave one part out, but your "combined" delivery gets delivered. No way to prove you didn't get all the items.
I've had it twice now where an item misses the consolidation process. Got a package last week with 5-6 items, still one to come.
It's considerably slower for the item that misses out.

Purposely saving orders up now to buy in bulk.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I've had it twice now where an item misses the consolidation process. Got a package last week with 5-6 items, still one to come.
It's considerably slower for the item that misses out.

Purposely saving orders up now to buy in bulk.
I had 3 items consolidated into one package, when the package turned up there was only 2 items in it. There was no way to prove that the 3rd item wasn't in the package.

ozzybmx

I had 3 items consolidated into one package, when the package turned up there was only 2 items in it. There was no way to prove that the 3rd item wasn't in the package.
Did they come to the party ?

ozzybmx

No, and there was no proper way to make a complaint that it never arrived as the combined tracking showed as delivered.
Can't comment as the account page layout is all over the place and buttons appear in certain time frames.
I had a load of presta valve cores show as delivered a while back, there was a dispute button on the sale item box/section. I told them that they were showing delivered and I did not receive them.
They refunded me the cash, was only around $10 though.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You need to claim (open dispute) within 15 days of the received order, or it's all over. I've opened some of those multi packages and missed items and then went back and found them due to the way they pack them.

You click on view detail on your order page, then go to the bottom of the page and then click open dispute.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I've opened quite a few disputes on aliexpress, and been refunded on all of them except this one.

There was no direct dispute option of non delivery, as it had a tracking number that had been "delivered".

Aliexpress wouldn't listen (or didn't understand), and it was impossible to argue it with them, as it showed delivered in their system.

Believe me I tried, got no where.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've opened quite a few disputes on aliexpress, and been refunded on all of them except this one.

There was no direct dispute option of non delivery, as it had a tracking number that had been "delivered".

Aliexpress wouldn't listen (or didn't understand), and it was impossible to argue it with them, as it showed delivered in their system.

This is probably the only valid reason in the world for "unboxing" videos.

ozzybmx

Hope it wasnt too expensive.

Yes a bit if a risk with AliExpress, could always go down the PayPal route, then CC if all fails... if it is worth the time vs money.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any of you lot ordered groupsets from AliExpress?
Have a hardtail frame that needs a groupset and thinking about shimano 11 or 12 speed in deore or SLX

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any of you lot ordered groupsets from AliExpress?
Have a hardtail frame that needs a groupset and thinking about shimano 11 or 12 speed in deore or SLX
I haven't ordered a full group, but all of the drivetrain/brakes/etc Shimano parts i've orded from 007bike have been legit & had zero issues.