Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Problem with a lot of Aliexpress/alibaba folks is they run the coles/woolworths model. The shipping delays are usually max 50% of the time to your door. The rest of it is they simply post it very last minute!
Or they give you a fake tracking number, so that it looks like it's been posted on time.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Eh, I actually never look at the store name. I just check to see that there have been more than say 30 orders placed on the item I want to buy and that the store has good feedback. Raise that to 100 orders and over 30 reviews on the item if you are super nervous.

If you item is not delivered in 2 months you can lodge a claim and aliexpress will give you a refund. I have ordered around 100+ things and the three claims I made resulted in a refund no questions asked.

I also updated my other thread just to give an idea of the kind of stuff I am buying:
Did your late orders that you claimed for eventually turn up @coarselanguagw ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Or they give you a fake tracking number, so that it looks like it's been posted on time.
The seller from the OP took my $845au, promised me that with the $105USD postage, I would have the frames in my hands in 2 weeks from placing the order.
At the 21day automatic cancellation mark (3 hours from the order automatically being cancelled) he marked them shipped.

Days went past with the tracking saying 'pending', I contacted him and he said the shipping company refused to take the box as it was too big and was sorry but he could not issue the refund, I would have to wait till 10 days after the product was shipped to raise a dispute and get a refund.

So about 35 days later, AliExpress refunded my $545USD, this returned $805aud to my account when I originally paid $845aud

The exchange rate changed and shafted me out for $40au.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Ordered Motorex Supergliss 100k from Bike-Componments.de

ordered 4th November, arrived 5th December.

freight won't be the same for a long time.

ozzybmx

I have recently noticed that I am being charged a foreign fee on my credit card when purchasing from CRC or wiggle.
This doesn't get factored in when your looking at saving money on items till after the purchase has been made, and therefore reducing the total savings.
Get yourself a 28Degrees Mastercard, no fees for any International purchases, even in foreign currencies.

I have had one for many years now, reckon its saved me $1000's.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The seller from the OP took my $845au, promised me that with the $105USD postage, I would have the frames in my hands in 2 weeks from placing the order.
At the 21day automatic cancellation mark (3 hours from the order automatically being cancelled) he marked them shipped.

Days went past with the tracking saying 'pending', I contacted him and he said the shipping company refused to take the box as it was too big and was sorry but he could not issue the refund, I would have to wait till 10 days after the product was shipped to raise a dispute and get a refund.

So about 35 days later, AliExpress refunded my $545USD, this returned $805aud to my account when I originally paid $845aud

The exchange rate changed and shafted me out for $40au.
Bastards!! Aliexpress has gone downhill ever since the original owner was forced to sell by CCP, the vendors just laugh now. There's always been grubs on there but it was like 1 in 20 deals now it's like 1 in 5 go sour. You're lucky to get your money back so soon, the last few non-deliveries have been a 90 day return for me.

ozzybmx

Bastards!! Aliexpress has gone downhill ever since the original owner was forced to sell by CCP, the vendors just laugh now. There's always been grubs on there but it was like 1 in 20 deals now it's like 1 in 5 go sour. You're lucky to get your money back so soon, the last few non-deliveries have been a 90 day return for me.
After this order, I ordered a set of 34 Fox Decals, they rocked up a week ago. Still waiting on 6 GENUINE Sram Centreline 160mm rotors for $38 :p

Hit and miss alright.

Flow-Rider

Burner
After this order, I ordered a set of 34 Fox Decals, they rocked up a week ago. Still waiting on 6 GENUINE Sram Centreline 160mm rotors for $38 :p

Hit and miss alright.
I've found that the AliExpress mail is just crap, I'm still waiting for 4 items to turn up from the start of November. The only thing I ordered with China mail turned up within 2 weeks.

ozzybmx

Never learn... ordered 1 of these tonight.

BXT was the place I bought their current ones from, definitely reputable and they sell on ebay too.

I will place the order for the other frame tomorrow to avoid the issue of them trying to ship 2 frames in one big box that may be rejected by the shipping company... the excuse the last bloke used.

Free shipping anyway.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Never learn... ordered 1 of these tonight.

BXT was the place I bought their current ones from, definitely reputable and they sell on ebay too.

I will place the order for the other frame tomorrow to avoid the issue of them trying to ship 2 frames in one big box that may be rejected by the shipping company... the excuse the last bloke used.

Free shipping anyway.
I was looking at AirWolf or Tideace on eBay

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Are 007 or Anrancee still reputable?

I've noticed more stock of Shimano 4 pot brakes and 170mm 30T chainsets coming online today!

ozzybmx

I was looking at AirWolf or Tideace on eBay
We had a look at both of them tonight too. I dont know why the eBay.au doesn't show a lot of sellers but if you go to ebay.us you can click watch on Chi $300-$350au frames and they post to Australia.

All the ones currently available to Aus on the eBay.au site are $500+

Last edited:

ozzybmx

My 6 x 160mm Scram Centreline rotors appeared yesterday, ordered 27th October. 7 weeks, which I was expecting, didn't think they would show till the New Year.

Authenticity is anyone's guess, they look real but price says no.