Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Bought this wheel first from Bikeinn, hadn't shipped order after a month so cancelled it.
Now with Bike24 and sitting on the tarmac
:(
That's a pain. I had a couple of small bits (chainring, freehub) come from BikeInn in two weeks from order recently. But brakes from B24 are on the same plane as your parcel - Awaiting International Departure in Frankfurt since 20 May.

Jpez

Down on the left!
At the end of the the day I’m very much aware it’s a first world problem so not overly fussed. But especially now in lockdown new shiny stuff to play with would be nice!

This disclaimer at the top of bike 24 page I’m pretty convinced means it’s code for whatever approx delivery time we give you just cube it and you’ll be close. So I’m kinda expecting 3 months

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
That's a pain. I had a couple of small bits (chainring, freehub) come from BikeInn in two weeks from order recently. But brakes from B24 are on the same plane as your parcel - Awaiting International Departure in Frankfurt since 20 May.
Trickstuff ? :D

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I’ve got three packages sitting in the black hole of Frankfurt at the moment. One for almost a month. I expected it to take a while but I guess the Germans aren’t as efficient as they’re cracked up to be
Bought this wheel first from Bikeinn, hadn't shipped order after a month so cancelled it.
Now with Bike24 and sitting on the tarmac
There's an bit of luck involved, they all come the same way with DHL.
It's not express or anything special from one package to another, Bike24, Bike Components, HiBike, Bike Discount ect... all the same shipping method, company and tracking.
The dreaded stalled tracking while it sits on the tarmac at Frankfurt.

This is about equal fastest since Corona kicked off.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
There's an bit of luck involved, they all come the same way with DHL.
It's not express or anything special from one package to another, Bike24, Bike Components, HiBike, Bike Discount ect... all the same shipping method, company and tracking.
The dreaded stalled tracking while it sits on the tarmac at Frankfurt.

This is about equal fastest since Corona kicked off.
I thought you just got faster delivery because a whole plane was filled with your weekly orders? Do they air-drop direct to your backyard or do you still have to wait for the postie? :p

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I thought you just got faster delivery because a whole plane was filled with your weekly orders? Do they air-drop direct to your backyard or do you still have to wait for the postie? :p
It's the only German order I'm waiting on.

Though will be slowly building another very soon for Aero-Comp spokes when these rims arrive and I confirm actual ERD.

BC also stocks that 77designz stem without a $50 shipping price.

May need tyres too after the recent carnage, I dont carry 20 spares like @moorey 5G, down to a couple of Minions and a shit load of part worns.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Has anyone recently got anything from Slik Graphics? I ordered around Easter and the tracking hasn't changed since April 16. I emailed them and they said they are experiencing postage delays...

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Has anyone recently got anything from Slik Graphics? I ordered around Easter and the tracking hasn't changed since April 16. I emailed them and they said they are experiencing postage delays...
I ordered some decals at the mid-April and got them 3 weeks later

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Supreme confidence from Bike24. DHL and Auspost still showing "cleared and awaiting departure" in Frankfurt (since 20/05). Also still no frame to put them on, so no biggie, but lolz.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
That explains the low flying chopper the other day, the news said they were doing training flights, lies, they were dropping stuff off to @ozzybmx !

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I ordered in April and have received no updates since it left Scandinavia.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I ordered on the 27th may and received it today.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
I ordered on the 27th may and received it today.
Wow... they reprinted my order (for free) last week and i paid for express shipping, so should be here this week. Guess the first lot just got lost in the mail. Tracking still not changed from April 16...

boyracer

Likes Dirt
I ordered from bikewagon in USA and received order in 5 days. Delivery quote said end of June so was expecting a long wait.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow... they reprinted my order (for free) last week and i paid for express shipping, so should be here this week. Guess the first lot just got lost in the mail. Tracking still not changed from April 16...
Mine's only been 'lost' since April 27th....