Buxton and Lake Mountain Thread

slowmick

38-39"
I posed the question on Instagram and got a reply that the resort will remain closed until May 20th and then a review after that.

Looks like you're going straight to drinkies...

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably be hero dirt as well after the moisture settles into it over the next few days!
Got me thinking about it now too ha ha

tobbogonist

a registered member
Nothing serious, snapped the chain and then on closer inspection I need to replace the rear cassette, new gear cables I guess too. I knew the proplem was there although was about to pull the trigger on a new bike so let it go. Corona haulted my purchase.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Nothing serious, snapped the chain and then on closer inspection I need to replace the rear cassette, new gear cables I guess too. I knew the proplem was there although was about to pull the trigger on a new bike so let it go. Corona haulted my purchase.
Is that it it?? I thought you must have done something unspeakable like lose it off the back of your car or driven it into your carport or something.
What you have here is an opportunity to buy new shiny things for your bike.
But oh yes. You still need a new bike.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Wrote it off was maybe a little strong a term haha.
I would usually be on board with spending money on shiny bike things but its the one and the same monies put aside for a fresh new shiny whole bike.

kip01

Likes Dirt
Can someone please tell me getting a lot of different stories regarding cascades lake mountain, going there for the first time in a couple weeks and want to know basically is it worth getting multiple shuttles to do different sections or just the single. Also is there ways of cutting out the climbing. Ive been told too stories from the ticket booth down, A its downhill the whole way. B there's still 150m of climbing. Any help appreciated

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Can someone please tell me getting a lot of different stories regarding cascades lake mountain, going there for the first time in a couple weeks and want to know basically is it worth getting multiple shuttles to do different sections or just the single. Also is there ways of cutting out the climbing. Ive been told too stories from the ticket booth down, A its downhill the whole way. B there's still 150m of climbing. Any help appreciated
I did it just recently and its definitely a fair bit of climbing if you just do one shuttle and ride top to bottom. There are two or three really nice long downhill flow sections that would be great to session but you would run out of gas after just a few laps i reckon. They are long and can bit pretty physical if you pump every roller and boost every lip.
Are you doing private shuttles?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
If you do the whole thing, heaps of climbing.

If you go from the ticket booth, less climbing but still heaps of climbing

It's fun, but you need to be ok with a bit of pedalling. You lose a lot of elevation really quickly so the climbs feel disproportionate, but I'm pretty sure over the whole thing there's 500m of climbing to 1500 of descent.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

kip01

Likes Dirt
No going to book shuttles just unsure what to do, how long is it from the ticket booth down to the bottom?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No going to book shuttles just unsure what to do, how long is it from the ticket booth down to the bottom?
It's still about an hour and a half riding from the ticket box down to Marysville, at a reasonably cracking pace.
2.5hours riding to do the whole thing from the top down to Lady Talbot drive. Turning off onto Lady Talbot will cut out the final stage three section into Marysville which includes more climbing.
Ticket box to Lady Talbot took me exactly an hour, but that was really hoofing it from memory.

I'll actually be out there on Sunday, with a day pass.
Going to attempt to do a double full run from the top. Predicting the 2nd run is going to be torture lol.