Burnishing tool for Mezzer

SummitFever

Eats Squid
You'll probably need to measure with an outside micrometer. Although a good set of vernier calipers may have a display resolution of 0.01mm, their accuracy when measuring something 35/36mm round will be far less (maybe as bad as +/- 0.05mm). Also, the stanchions I have mic'd are never perfectly round.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
indeed, using the same micrometer to measure the stanchion and the tool being created is the only safe way. QC and tolerance at some of the manufacturers is poor, out of round like an egg. I've seen fox with a significant diameter difference between legs.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
indeed, using the same micrometer to measure the stanchion and the tool being created is the only safe way. QC and tolerance at some of the manufacturers is poor, out of round like an egg. I've seen fox with a significant diameter difference between legs.
I knew a girl like that once.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any mezzer users tried supergliss 100k?
Shock craft have 250ml bottles again so was contemplating trying
I'm using it, feels great but fork was probably due a service anyway so that likely what I'm noticing.

@TheAzza hooked me up after grabbing a litre from shockcraft.

Dunno it's it's night and day difference to what came from the factory but certainly worth it if you are grabbing oil anyway.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

LPG

likes thicc birds
I've been thinking about a mezzer for ages but I still love my diamond. This thread may have pushed me over the edge. I still live my diamond but I have a newborn and not much time to give it it the full service to sort out why I'm losing damper fluid slowly. New bike fork time!

I've got access to cylindrical grinders at work that can be used to grind the burnishing tool.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I've been thinking about a mezzer for ages but I still love my diamond. This thread may have pushed me over the edge. I still live my diamond but I have a newborn and not much time to give it it the full service to sort out why I'm losing damper fluid slowly. New bike fork time!

I've got access to cylindrical grinders at work that can be used to grind the burnishing tool.
Sounds like a leaky bladder.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Scotty675

Cable thief

If you buy one, use cycling deals eBay store and you will get another $100 off

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry for the thread hijack, is there any alternative mudguard options for a Mezzer?

Just got one and the Manitou one is pretty bloody ordinary!

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt

If the Diamond is Boost spacing I'll buy it with the current issues if we can agree on a price.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You only need to go a fly's penis of material too far and the fork will knock, we're talking measurements thinner than a strand of hair. Stanchions usually flare up at the ends in size, it's not just a matter of sticking a burnishing tool in there and hoping for the best. It's something you need to take a lot of time and care to do. You can get fork binding from stanchion flex too, you might make clearances bigger to stop the bind, but they'll knock under certain loads.

LPG

likes thicc birds
If the Diamond is Boost spacing I'll buy it with the current issues if we can agree on a price.
I'll let you know if ai look to sell. I may keep it for planned upgrades to my hardtail.

I'm going to get it up and running 100% myself, I just don't want to have my bike out of action while I do it as time is precious. I have plans to get a new frame for my stache 29+ hardtail and run 29x2.5 rear with the 29x3.0 front. I might keep the diamond and run normal 29ers front and rear instead. I was very happy with the magnum pro (mattoc + pro) fork on the stache but I'll see what I do.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
You only need to go a fly's penis of material too far and the fork will knock, we're talking measurements thinner than a strand of hair. Stanchions usually flare up at the ends in size, it's not just a matter of sticking a burnishing tool in there and hoping for the best. It's something you need to take a lot of time and care to do. You can get fork binding from stanchion flex too, you might make clearances bigger to stop the bind, but they'll knock under certain loads.
I hear what you are saying re going too big and knocking/bind but disagree with the tolerances involved.....unless you mean pubic hair which is decidedly thicker..

I may have a set of sacrificial Mezzers to experiment with ;)