Burners' Backyards: Veggies, Gardening, Landscape & Design

cammas

Seamstress
Got a text from the guy who did my retaining wall with a video of the work he did in the front yard. I am now going to get them to do the top part, as I worked out it will cost me nearly just as much if I did it myself, plus my time.
As you can see in the first part of the video my yard was pretty much trashed, thanks to my lovely neighbour and him poisoning “only” his side of the fence, which just happened to wipe out my whole yard. :rolleyes:
Anyhow check out their work.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Got a text from the guy who did my retaining wall with a video of the work he did in the front yard. I am now going to get them to do the top part, as I worked out it will cost me nearly just as much if I did it myself, plus my time.
As you can see in the first part of the video my yard was pretty much trashed, thanks to my lovely neighbour and him poisoning “only” his side of the fence, which just happened to wipe out my whole yard. :rolleyes:
Anyhow check out their work.

The speeded-up bits made me think of some sort of robot dinosaur carefully arranging eggs in a nest. :)

cammas

Seamstress
Wait a few months for the next video. Gojira on the loose looking for intelligent life in Oz. He will be disappointed.
Especially if he went to my neighbours house, though he may try and eat the giant panda statue they put in their backyard, which looks to be about 5 foot tall.
I don’t what’s worse that or the old glass and aluminium telecom phone booth with plants in it :rolleyes:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Especially if he went to my neighbours house, though he may try and eat the giant panda statue they put in their backyard, which looks to be about 5 foot tall.
I don’t what’s worse that or the old glass and aluminium telecom phone booth with plants in it :rolleyes:
I just have to see this backyard - 5ft tall Panda and phone booth terrarium and all.
You could have loads of fun suggesting other great home 'improvement' ideas and watch it all unfold for your own selfish comedy pleasure.

cammas

Seamstress
I just have to see this backyard - 5ft tall Panda and phone booth terrarium and all.
You could have loads of fun suggesting other great home 'improvement' ideas and watch it all unfold for your own selfish comedy pleasure.
I’ll see if I can sneak a shot over the fence when I get home, if there not on the back deck having a smoke.
There’s also some type of warrior there, like a terracotta warrior knock off with the Panda

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I’ll see if I can sneak a shot over the fence when I get home, if there not on the back deck having a smoke.
There’s also some type of warrior there, like a terracotta warrior knock off with the Panda
Oh, yes, please. If you get busted then just expalin that some bike liking weirdo on the internet is keen to see their legendary backyard.
Pay me no mind and you could pose if it will help the shot.

No rush but geee, I think we must have a line up here keen for a lookie already :D

cammas

Seamstress
Okay got the panda and soldier but nearly got busted getting the phone box just stepped down from the fence and Shazza stepped out the back door :eek:, might take a little longer to get that shot.
Anyhow take a look at the panda in its natural habitat being guarded by the soldier
8311D363-9C90-4171-82FA-91BB078FAC58.jpeg

06A73759-17F1-469E-974E-C097727DA502.jpeg

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
After twelve years living here I finally pulled my finger out and got the landscape design done, which is awesome but now my issue is they've quoted $60k to actually get the work done and that's just the front yard... I see a lot of digging in my future.

But it's nice to have something to work towards and it gives me some motivation to start. Around 16hrs here in 2-3hr efforts.

View attachment 386034

View attachment 386033
20230109_201433-01.jpeg

A bit of time off over the festive period means after (checks notes) 47 weeks and 5 days I finally finished digging out garden bed number one. In my defence what was seemingly going to be one of my quietest years work wise quickly turned into possibly my busiest soon after my original post. It's now ready for primo dirt, flora and mulch... look out for an update circa 2024.

cammas

Seamstress
Well I got the shot, I went out to water the garden and I thought take the shot or water the plants I opted for the plants luckily, as I was doing some clearing up first they pulled up so I would’ve been busted :p
Looks like they’ve emptied the phone box, that area used to be a really nice outdoor bar and BBQ area with a pool as well, but the pool has been pulled out then filled in with dirt; now the grass grows in a nice kidney shape with paved edges :rolleyes:
05F49FCC-848E-4D03-A2A1-9D9E05C9DCB9.jpeg

E6BEDA0E-CFCE-4E85-87F2-FBB7D74E7D42.jpeg

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
View attachment 396044

A bit of time off over the festive period means after (checks notes) 47 weeks and 5 days I finally finished digging out garden bed number one. In my defence what was seemingly going to be one of my quietest years work wise quickly turned into possibly my busiest soon after my original post. It's now ready for primo dirt, flora and mulch... look out for an update circa 2024.
Have you pinched @Haakons hose reel?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Looks like they’ve emptied the phone box, that area used to be a really nice outdoor bar and BBQ area with a pool as well, but the pool has been pulled out then filled in with dirt; now the grass grows in a nice kidney shape with paved edges :rolleyes:
Sure looks like their little unique oasis and not as bad as it could be. Be glad that they aren't hoarders :D

Wonder how they got hold of the phone box too. There must be a back story behind that. A few Samurai gnomes to guard it would have to be done.

cammas

Seamstress
Sure looks like their little unique oasis and not as bad as it could be. Be glad that they aren't hoarders :D

Wonder how they got hold of the phone box too. There must be a back story behind that. A few Samurai gnomes to guard it would have to be done.
What you don't see is all the crap up against my fence, he certainly hoards but yeah could be worse, but at least he sold the forklift from the front yard

1673307931756.png