AM British Steel

moorey

call me Mia
Took a bit longer than planned to come. Small company with numerous Covid outbreaks etc, couple of trips to the paint shop to get it perfect, but she’s been shipped today. Stanton were awesome to work with. 100% go with them again.
Ride reports and more pics to come as thread progresses.

Current spec. Some changes and additions to come.

Frame: Stanton Switchback FS140 27.5. Custom sizing (Large sizing with medium seat tube). Custom silver pivot bolt covers (a surprise from the Stanton boys knowing I had silver Pikes planned). Heritage wrapped (before you ask
)

Shock: Fox DHX2. Will swap out an test Ohlins air shock.

Fork: Pike Ultimate 160mm

Headset: Stanton

Wheels: Hope Fortus 30’s on Hope Pro4. Icetech 180r/203f rotors.

Brakes: Shimano M8000 levers with M8120 4 pot callipers

Drivetrain: 11sp M8000 shifter/derailleur/chain, M8100 165mm cranks with Bergtec 32t DM ring, 9-42 ZTTO XD cassette.

Dropper: PNW Ranier 200mm

Bars: Renthal Fatbar light 760mm alloy

Stem: Ragley Stubbing 40mm

Grips: Deity Knuckleduster

Seat: Fizik

Pedals: Currently old fave beat up Vaults. Awaiting newies.

Tyres: For now, Maxxis 2.5 F/R DHF and Aggressor combo. First proper ride will be at You Yangs next weekend for shuttle day. I like the aggressor there (and pretty much only there)

Weight: Dunno, won't be light, and zero fucks given.

Still to fit: VHS slapper tape. Groundkeeper frame protection. Chain guide.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
This is probably your one chance to treat yourself.
Why not look at up speccing above your normal builds, noting how long you hold bikes for?
Money all spent. Very happy with my parts choice. They’ll perform faultlessly and do everything they should say after day. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, I say.
It’s being built to ride, not win VitalMTB bike of the day.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Better not have red forks! :p

Nice start though, looking forward to seeing the final build.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
That looks great! Such a nice colour and great lines. Have you got the full geo you can share???

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Money all spent. Very happy with my parts choice. They’ll perform faultlessly and do everything they should say after day. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, I say.
It’s being built to ride, not win VitalMTB bike of the day.
Your choices are locked in then. If anyone is going to find if it doesn't work it will be you given your amount of riding

Last edited: