AM British Steel

moorey

call me Mia
Fitted the @kten super light 350 spring (replacing 400). Bounce test feels about spot on. It will virtually float away without those 110g.
It’s surely an XC bike now it’s dipped under 16.5kg? If I ran the Öhlins air, I’d shave off almost 400g more, but then I’m worried Nino would steal it to race on.
Rain bucketing down, so tonight’s test can wait.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Fitted the @kten super light 350 spring (replacing 400). Bounce test feels about spot on. It will virtually float away without those 110g.
It’s surely an XC bike now it’s dipped under 16.5kg? If I ran the Öhlins air, I’d shave off almost 400g more, but then I’m worried Nino would steal it to race on.
Rain bucketing down, so tonight’s test can wait. View attachment 392003
OCD is killing me. Spring is upside down and do you need that big spacer? Actually why not black out the yellow decals? Or get a silver paint pen?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Disagree. Looks best at round bar height.

Maybe to the eye of a ceramics master, but when that seat is slammed your bike looks like it wants to take the steep and loose way down with a bunch of trickery thrown in! I wouldn't be surprised if a competitive young race machine starts kicking at those tryres.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
OCD is killing me. Spring is upside down and do you need that big spacer? Actually why not black out the yellow decals? Or get a silver paint pen?
If he endo's then it could appear right side up. Could call it brilliant forward planning :D

moorey

call me Mia
It can go either way, and I prefer it that way. If it annoys people, even better :p
Spring is short, only takes up 2/3 of the shock. That’s a bad look IMHO.
There’s other yellow on the bike. Deal with it. Just because you only hold onto uberbikes for just long enough to perfect then, no need to project onto me. ;)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Nukeproof don’t seem to take your side either. View attachment 392005
Firstly, that's a Rockshox so not relevant. Secondly, they have the spring correctly orientated. Thirdly, the spacer is there to allow the spring to be used on shocks with longer bodies and shorter threads not for aesthetic reasons. Your shock doesn't need the spacer and looks better without it. Your opinion on this is wrong ;)IMHO.

Yellow...what yellow? Tyres don't count.

moorey

call me Mia
Firstly, that's a Rockshox so not relevant. Secondly, they have the spring correctly orientated. Thirdly, the spacer is there to allow the spring to be used on shocks with longer bodies and shorter threads not for aesthetic reasons. Your shock doesn't need the spacer and looks better without it. Your opinion on this is wrong ;)IMHO.

Yellow...what yellow? Tyres don't count.
TLRD.

#yellowtyresmatter