Box 3 9 speed. Who has it, any good

safreek

Okey dokey, going to pull the pin on a cheap new drivetrain.
Have been giving the box the main thought as it seems well priced with a decent spread of gears for 9 speed.
Does anyone use this, if so are you happy with this. Cheers for any help.
Ooh, if you have no experience with it but know the friend of a sisters father who has one, chime in by all means

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Okey dokey, going to pull the pin on a cheap new drivetrain.
Have been giving the box the main thought as it seems well priced with a decent spread of gears for 9 speed.
Does anyone use this, if so are you happy with this. Cheers for any help.
Ooh, if you have no experience with it but know the friend of a sisters father who has one, chime in by all means

Yep! I've moved it across a couple of bikes. Had it on a HT, then the kid-hauling bike, now it's on my commuter. It was ok on the HT but I really like it on the town bikes. There's supposed to be a clutch, but it's not adjustable and no switch. On a MTB you definitely get more chain slap than with adjustable tension clutch derailleurs.
As a cruise around town, gravel paths/roads and maybe light trails it's good.
It's robust, or at least it has been fine for me. If you don't like big jumps between gears, it might be annoying. For a hack like me I don't mind. I'll keep using it until it dies

safreek

Yep! I've moved it across a couple of bikes. Had it on a HT, then the kid-hauling bike, now it's on my commuter. It was ok on the HT but I really like it on the town bikes. There's supposed to be a clutch, but it's not adjustable and no switch. On a MTB you definitely get more chain slap than with adjustable tension clutch derailleurs.
It's robust, or at least it has been fine for me. If you don't like big jumps between gears, it might be annoying. For a hack like me I don't mind. I'll keep using it until it dies
Sweet, sounds like it should do the job. It's just for an urban bike. Bit of chainslap is fine. I still have crutchless bikes at the moment so should be better.
Think I will get it as yows hasn't broken over three bikes.
Be surprised if there would be a the kit for that price with known brands :)

Thanks

safreek

Ok, ordered the box :D hopefully it will be the go. You convinced me on two different purchases. Should be a salesperson/he,him/she,her;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Shit!!! Didn't you read the massive review thread on here? Heaps of people used them at first only to discover that the derailleur would spontaneously combust and burn the whole bike up! Even the Maxxis tyres!!!

safreek

Ride report? good/bad/meh ?
Have only taken it for one ride so far, it's on the urban assault weapon so waiting to hit the city in the near future.
It seems to work well enough so far, makes a bit of a crunk on a couple gears but I put that down to the cog size drop in the change with it being 9 speed but with cogs the size of 11 speed.
Total bargain for a derailleur, shifter, chain and cluster

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Have only taken it for one ride so far, it's on the urban assault weapon so waiting to hit the city in the near future.
It seems to work well enough so far, makes a bit of a crunk on a couple gears but I put that down to the cog size drop in the change with it being 9 speed but with cogs the size of 11 speed.
Total bargain for a derailleur, shifter, chain and cluster
Sunrace does an "M98" 11-40T 9 speed wide ratio cassette. The jumps in gearing should be less severe.

Which cassette did you get? the 11-46 or the 11/12-50T?