Boutique titanium frame market and factories.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Air freight rates are currently insane. From Europe to aus is currently a 400% increase over pre covid prices. And big shipments are taking 5 weeks, a few of our big shipments went from Brussel to Dubai to Tokyo to KL to Singapore then to Sydney as no direct flights with any capacity. Fuck load of carbon emissions with 5 take offs too.

Price gouging on air freight won’t recover for a long time I suspect.

Ash HT

Likes Bikes
Air freight rates are currently insane. From Europe to aus is currently a 400% increase over pre covid prices. And big shipments are taking 5 weeks, a few of our big shipments went from Brussel to Dubai to Tokyo to KL to Singapore then to Sydney as no direct flights with any capacity. Fuck load of carbon emissions with 5 take offs too.

Price gouging on air freight won’t recover for a long time I suspect.
I do DHL air regularly Bangkok to Perth. Pre covid it took 3 days, Bangers - Singapore - Perth.

Now Bangers to about 5 different places then to me a week and a bit later.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Has anyone ever had a stainless steel frame? I know nothing about stainless frames but would be interested to see one or know how it preforms.
Have ridden stainless but only in road bikes... Genesis Volare 953 (Madison Team version) and a custom Columbus XCR thing - friends' bikes at different times so no more than a short spin on each but both had what felt like a lovely mix of steel and aluminium characteristics. Very smooth and comfortable spinning along but with a nice "buzz" (not like harsh death vibrations just a sense of the road) and plenty stiff and responsive under power. Not sure how it'd translate to MTB.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Have ridden stainless but only in road bikes... Genesis Volare 953 (Madison Team version) and a custom Columbus XCR thing - friends' bikes at different times so no more than a short spin on each but both had what felt like a lovely mix of steel and aluminium characteristics. Very smooth and comfortable spinning along but with a nice "buzz" (not like harsh death vibrations just a sense of the road) and plenty stiff and responsive under power. Not sure how it'd translate to MTB.
Stainless Steel sounds heavy as fuck. Is there much of a weight penalty?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If it wasn't for changing this way we would have had to increase the retail and trade prices on all products.
yet people still have a problem with drop shipping. even with amazon orders you hear people complain about split deliveries. You want items from two different stores, do you really want to pay for it to be shipped to a single warehouse, handled again to pack with the other item and then shipped?

So long as the retailer honours the after sales service, i dont care if they never double handled the item and stuck an extra stamp on it

Last edited: