Boost wheelset, Shimano Shifter, IS 180 brake adaptor, X2 Volume spacers

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Hi gang,

After the bits I need to complete my Paradox build:

FOUND: 29er Boost 110/148 Wheelset, tubeless compatible, 30mm or wider would be better, Shimano HG preferred. Could be interested in something cheap as a temporary fix or maybe even something fancy
Item Condition: Good to new condition
Reason for buying: Want to build my Paradox
Price and price conditions: Flexible-ish, depending on what it is
Extra Info: I can get a brand new set of Bontrager Line Comps for $550 which I may end up doing as a temporary measure and keep as a spare set, but maybe you have something better and/or cheaper sitting around. Will probably wait and see for a week or two what options pop up here before making a decision.

FOUND: Shimano 11 speed shifter, XT or XTR preferred
Item Condition: Good to new
Price and price conditions: New XT are around the $85 mark, so I guess cheaper than that, or you tell me for XTR
Extra Info: Never really delved into the ispec and matchmaker world, brakes may change a couple of times early on but will likely end up being Hope - standard bar clamp probs ideal

Item: IS rear 180 Brake Adaptor. I think also referred to as IS+40mm
Item Condition: Functional
Price and price conditions: pushys/mtbdirect sell new ones for $35, so less than that.

FOUND: Fox X2 Volume spacers - the orange half-circle kind for a 2021 shock
Item Condition: Good working order
Reason for buying: These will make the Paradox ride reeeeaaal nice
Price and price conditions: pushys sell new ones for $35, so less than that.

Thanks gang.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You will be stuck with Ispec II shifters. Not that that is a bad thing but the mounts on the shifters aren't removeable though there are a few cross mounts available. Scotty has 18,764,222.3 pairs of XTR brake levers...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
You will be stuck with Ispec II shifters. Not that that is a bad thing but the mounts on the shifters aren't removeable though there are a few cross mounts available. Scotty has 18,764,222.3 pairs of XTR brake levers...
My brake options are Hope, Magura or Shimano SLX off Mrs Tubbsy's bike.

I'd rather use the Hopes, so I guess that would mean buying a matchmaker. Which would ultimately be nice looking solution but not sure if locally available.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
MTBD allege stock of HBSP327...
I can see this overpriced to the point of being pointless item:

and these which look to be SRAM only:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I can see this overpriced to the point of being pointless item:

and these which look to be SRAM only:
Hmm... I think I might have the adapter you need in the garage, but probably won't have time to check until tomorrow evening. PM me tomorrow to remind me?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Hmm... I think I might have the adapter you need in the garage, but probably won't have time to check until tomorrow evening. PM me tomorrow to remind me?
Sweet!! Will do. Nothing is happening in a hurry until I source wheels at any rate.

EDIT: if it's for the Hopes I would need to check compatibility as they're older ones, pre Tech3 I think. Not sure if that's an issue.

beeb

Sweet!! Will do. Nothing is happening in a hurry until I source wheels at any rate.

EDIT: if it's for the Hopes I would need to check compatibility as they're older ones, pre Tech3 I think. Not sure if that's an issue.
I would've used it on my Tech 3 levers, don't know about compatibility with the earlier models. Do they have a screw hole underneath the lever, inline with the bar clamp?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I would've used it on my Tech 3 levers, don't know about compatibility with the earlier models. Do they have a screw hole underneath the lever, inline with the bar clamp?
Dunno, will have to look when I'm at home.

Looking at Hope's website and going from memory I think this is what I have:

beeb

Dunno, will have to look when I'm at home.

Looking at Hope's website and going from memory I think this is what I have:
View attachment 374073
Hmm, they look like they have a reservoir cap both sides, not sure if there'd be any room for the adaptor thread. Looks like it might be a bar-mount shifter for you need...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
If you get hambo to chuck the hope part number into gogglouuoulooe it shows mind have stock when you click on the linky.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
If you get hambo to chuck the hope part number into gogglouuoulooe it shows mind have stock when you click on the linky.

I'm only seeing SRAM options? Anyway, I have a feeling the brakes are too old, plus I can't use it with the Maguras. @Isaakk is just going to love reading through all this nonsense to see what's happening, ha.

Last edited: