Bomber CR

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Anyone running one and does it still climb reasonably well for a coil?

LPG

likes thicc birds
I have recently put one on my bike and it climbs pretty well. I don't notice any slowness from it. my suspension linkage is very progressive and has high antirise so it is a good pedalled with the suspension fully open

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've got one on the Katipo. Awesome value for money and it's a coil, so not a mountain goat in the climbing stakes, but it's climbed just as well as other coils I've used in the past.

DMan

Cool. Looking at replacing a mates DPS and love the reviews that rave about the traction and sensitivity. But was curious about excessive bob while climbing

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Cube 140 HPC Race. 150 Fox 34/ 140 DPS
The Bomber shock is a great shock. IMO it isn't best suited to that bike though without at least pairing it up with a progressive spring to help with the bikes almost linear kinematics. This is the bike I'm looking at.

It also has relatively low anti squat so you might need to crank the LSC up to help counter pedal bob.
Trying to reduce bobbing on the Bomber with added LSC I found has a trade off in that the shock becomes markedly less plush, so it loses some of that sensitivity/grip we want with coil.

DMan

The Bomber shock is a great shock. IMO it isn't best suited to that bike though without at least pairing it up with a progressive spring to help with the bikes almost linear kinematics. This is the bike I'm looking at.

It also has relatively low anti squat so you might need to crank the LSC up to help counter pedal bob.
Trying to reduce bobbing on the Bomber with added LSC I found has a trade off in that the shock becomes markedly less plush, so it loses some of that sensitivity/grip we want with coil.
Yes, I read that too. Which sort of defeats the purpose of having a coil