Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
blowing the cobwebs off this one...

there is rumour of a scribblys ride around 6ish on friday....

anyone, bueller, bueller

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
blowing the cobwebs off this one...

there is rumour of a scribblys ride around 6ish on friday....

anyone, bueller, bueller
I know Andy and myself will be up there probably around 4:30pm. Fridays there are often a few others at various times because of daylight saving.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No can do as I'll be working, then heading straight to the pub for the "BMORC Meeting" at the Lapo.
Yeah I may not make it tomorrow arvo actually with the meeting and looking after my kiddies, planning on being there Sat morning with Todd however.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Saturday morning sounds good. I reckon I'll come out and have a ride. I haven't been up to Scribbly's in ages. May even bring my girlfriend along and see how she goes :)

What time are you gonna ride?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Sunday 31st Oct

Sunday morning ride, 6:45 at Kingy's place
chook run - emu heights - rail - mitchels/zig zag - bettys

pace will be dictated by Kingy, so expect pain and danger

latte's at G-brook for any survivours

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Sunday morning ride, 6:45 at Kingy's place
chook run - emu heights - rail - mitchels/zig zag - bettys

pace will be dictated by Kingy, so expect pain and danger

latte's at G-brook for any survivours
Dictated by Kingy!,( see todd running with tail between legs)

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
blimey!

as predicted, pain and danger
i was in the hurt box for most of the ride, Kingy had a pretty bad off, jumping a stair gap at Glenbrook oval at the end

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rider support on Knapsack Reserve Dec 14th

On Dec 14th the final report on the mtb trails at Knapsack goes to council recommending the prefered "Option A" Downhill alignment.

* What we need is for people to email councillors before the 14th supporting the four recomendations on the report.

A brief email outlining you support Item 12 "Knapsack Reserve Mountain Bike Plan" as tabled by BMCC staff for the scheduled BMCC meeting to be held on the 14Dec2010 along with brief personal comments. Also thank the councillors for providing the opportunity for this report to be raised. We feel the majority of Councillors are ready to be supportive of this plan, we just need to show, as riders, there are many who support it as well.

Councillors emails are

dmyles@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, thamilton@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, egibbs@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, jmays@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, asearle@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, cvanderkley@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, dclark@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, amclaren@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, bluchetti@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, fcreed@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, mgreenhill@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, hmccallum@bmcc.nsw.gov.au

If you want to find out more information on this go to www.bmorc.com

* Secondly if you can make the meeting at council chambers in Katoomba on 14th Dec at 7:30pm that would be great.

If you want proper legalised mountain bike trails in the mountains this is the best and easiest way to make it happen.

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A while ago you guys were nice enough to have me along on a ride. At the moment the tracks down my way are looking good. I've spent the last 4 days doing some work on it and should have it all finished in another two days. If anyone is keen on a 40km technical xc loop (think harder than Appin) let me know some dates you can make it. Parking will be at my place so I'll PM everyone the details once we get a day or two sorted out.

I'm out for the second weekend (8-9th) in January but could do Sunday the 3rd of January or any other day pretty much.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Wow... Sounds very very interesting. Will have to check on dates though, as the 3rd Jan doesn't sound too good... Perhaps the weekend following those (15th or 16th)?