Blue Dirt Bike Warrior

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's great to have a proper event in Vic for once.
Will be interesting to see the response, given a large chunk of the intended audience would have already ridden the trails.

Where Trans-Tas/TransNZ has appeal due to being a destination race

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
It's great to have a proper event in Vic for once.
Will be interesting to see the response, given a large chunk of the intended audience would have already ridden the trails.

Where Trans-Tas/TransNZ has appeal due to being a destination race
Yeah I had the same thought, but then... Tas/NZ is a destination for those who don't live in Tas/NZ. Fair to say there'll be lots of Qlders etc who haven't had a chance to ride Vic's High Country where this could be pretty good. Only 100 places anyway so no doubt it'll fill up!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The only thing that worries me about these events is bike security and safe transport. You would hope these days they are modern shuttle trailers.

I remember a story (truth not verified) of an event in the outback, several years back where a flat bed truck rocked up, it had a rope tied to the headboard.

As each bike was set on against the next one, the rope was threaded though the frame triangle, when they got to the last bike of about 50, the truckie put his foot against the 50'th bike and pulled the rope tight before tying it down :mad:

There were 10k race bikes with rubs right down to bare carbon. What a fuck up !