Blk Mrkt Riot or NS Suburban ? ? ? ?

fredman007

Likes Dirt
hey guys

i currently have a fireeye firesky, and thinking of upgrading to a new frame.
ive been thiking of either a Blk Mrkt Riot or a suburban, but have been leaning towards the blk mrkt.

what do you guys think?
mainly going to be doing street and DJ with a bit of park.

cheers.

chelsea_fan7

Likes Dirt
if you look in the parts and stuff section, 2 or 3 pages in i have posted the exact same thread with about 4 pages of replies.
Everyone will tell you to get the riot because they are less common and have a certain mistique to them. Having said that, when you compare the two frames i found the suburban was lighter, had shorter chain stays, was hand made and little bit cheaper.
The suburban has a longer seatube, like 13" compared to the riot's 10.5" or 11", and the riots are available in 22" or 21.5" Top tubes, with the suburban only being available in 21.75".
If you are taller with big feet it would probably be wise to go with the 22" in the riot to avoid any clearance issues when barspinning etc.
hope that helps

Last edited:

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Either is gonna do the job just fine! Both are very light...I have a mate with a Suburban and a mate with a Riot and it feels like it is made out of paper mache. Both are very similar and if it was up to me i'd get the pair in front of me and do eeny meeny miney mo. Mind you i see a lot of Suburbans around and not many Riots! :p