Black mould in camelbak...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Just put it through the wash, use some Dettol laundry sanitiser in the fabric softener compartment. Do it twice. If it's still mouldy after, just get over it, at least it's just the fabric and not the bladder or hose :p
But how does this fix the mould in the bladder?

Anyway, this is what I did recently with my ancient 2 litre one that was all kinds of wrong prior to washing. Came out looking brand new.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Hardcore mould killing steps for fabrics is as follows, developed by a chemists I know (not Redbruce) who, like me has massive autoimmune responses when exposed to mould.

1 x tsp - sodium lauryl sulfate
2 x tsp - cold power sensitive pure clean
4 x tsp - vanish oxy action crystal white
2 x tsp - sodium percarbonate
2 x tsp - borax
2 x cap fulls - washing sanitiser that contains Benzalkonium chloride

*the wash cycle must set to 40 degrees for it to work, and a length of over 40 minutes.

One step down from this and a lot easier is O.M.O* sensitive and the Benzalkonium chloride sanitiser.

* Edit. The forum software turns O.M.O into a screaming emoji.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Hardcore mould killing steps for fabrics is as follows, developed by a chemists I know (not Redbruce) who, like me has massive autoimmune responses when exposed to mould.

1 x tsp - sodium lauryl sulfate
2 x tsp - cold power sensitive pure clean
4 x tsp - vanish oxy action crystal white
2 x tsp - sodium percarbonate
2 x tsp - borax
2 x cap fulls - washing sanitiser that contains Benzalkonium chloride

*the wash cycle must set to 40 degrees for it to work, and a length of over 40 minutes.

One step down from this and a lot easier is Omo sensitive and the Benzalkonium chloride sanitiser.
So could you just pour all that in the bladder and top up with 40degree water? Asking for a ma....errr a Haakon.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Did you use household vinegar or cleaning vinegar (HUGE difference)?

I'd get a brush and scrub it with cleaning vinegar, then leave outside to air on the cloths line. Do this a few days in a row. If it isn't clean after a few scrubs, bin time.