Black Dogs and mental shit in general

Nambra

Postmeridian
FFS mine need someone to dress them in the morning.

Missus says they need to learn to do stuff for themselves, I tell them - make your own breakfast, missus says nooooo, I made yours so I'll make theirs. What do you want... bacon, poached eggs... scrambled eggs :oops:
Can relate. Kids are in year 10 & 12 and still have their school lunches made for them... it's a wonder she's not still wiping their arses too.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
FFS mine need someone to dress them in the morning.

Missus says they need to learn to do stuff for themselves, I tell them - make your own breakfast, missus says nooooo, I made yours so I'll make theirs. What do you want... bacon, poached eggs... scrambled eggs :oops:
Can relate. Kids are in year 10 & 12 and still have their school lunches made for them... it's a wonder she's not still wiping their arses too.
Have to admit to following Mrs George's lead on it. I made my own school lunch, but I don't think it was that early. Grandma and Grandpa used to come to the rescue when ever Step-Daughter was required to do anything for herself. She would always "miss" the bus, so Grandpa would drive her to school. She'd "forget" her tennis racquet so Grandma would deliver jt. Mrs George felt quite vindicated when Step-Daughter wound up living with them and all the 'help' they gave her was thrown back in their face.

Now, if the boys forget anything they've been told to pre-arrange, too bad, so sad, maybe you'll remember it next time you're told.

ozzybmx

call me Cáitín
Sounds like you still can't make you own breakfast @ozzybmx
Mate, I worked hard to mould a woman into what I needed. Every inch I gave, she took a mile.

Its been an 18yr process to make sure she gets what she wants and I get what I want without anyone of us feeling like its one sided.

She likes money and shopping, I like meals (brekky in bed on my days off, lunches, cooked dinners for work and sandwich) and shuttles :)

The shuttle bunny also gets to work part time and make me brekky because I work sooooo hard :p:D;)

Nambra

Postmeridian
Have to admit to following Mrs George's lead on it. I made my own school lunch, but I don't think it was that early. Grandma and Grandpa used to come to the rescue when ever Step-Daughter was required to do anything for herself. She would always "miss" the bus, so Grandpa would drive her to school. She'd "forget" her tennis racquet so Grandma would deliver jt. Mrs George felt quite vindicated when Step-Daughter wound up living with them and all the 'help' they gave her was thrown back in their face.

Now, if the boys forget anything they've been told to pre-arrange, too bad, so sad, maybe you'll remember it next time you're told.
I also made my lunch, ironed my own school uniform and missed the bus at my peril, being that it was a 45 min ride to high school. Part of it is my wife wanting to be "the best mum that she can be" and perhaps overcompensating for certain deficiencies in her family when she was young (long story). All the same, kids need to become independent. If they can make their own breakfast, lunch shouldn't be much more of a stretch!

Scotty T

2.6 inches
My boy was a spoilt little shit but he turned out OK, it's easy to spoil an only child, but on the flip side he knows and appreciates that's how it worked. Still can't get him to do dishes and washing in one day though, seems to be one or the other and forgetting things he has to do every single day, but he is a good reliable worker in his real jobs.