BKXC (and Ibis) get and Ebike

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Ugh the Bosch controls integration is terrible given the solutions that some other manufacturers have come up with.
And you'd have thought they'd centre the integrated light for the media demo bike...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ugh the Bosch controls integration is terrible given the solutions that some other manufacturers have come up with.
And you'd have thought they'd centre the integrated light for the media demo bike...
Bosch Kiox 300 seems pretty clever shit. The screen is a bit in-yer-face and there must be a better mounting system for it.

Navigation (basic), alarm, immobiliser, activity recording and other extras. Seems everyone has a gripe about ebike controls... I'm not really giving it much thought to be honest, it is what it is.

Already replaced a full ebike cockpit with Yamaha Syncdrive/Giant RideControl screen and controller when the missus went OTB in Derby, was not a cheap replacement. The normal mounting for the Kiox 300 is above the stem so I know why Ibis have put it where it is.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Would the OneUp e bar clean up that cockpit?

ozzybmx

Would the OneUp e bar clean up that cockpit?
Dunno how messy it will be till I get it.

Its only got the controller cable and light cable more than a normal bike, cant be too hard to tidy up.

My Evil had XTR Di2 with the Pro Tharsis bars and stem, similar thing to the OneUp with those channels and holes. For some reason wires look so much more untidy than cables/hoses.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Not knowing that much detail about these controller systems but can you upgrade to the Bosch wireless controller?

Trek offers the rail in both specs and their XT build with wireless bosch is $4K RRP cheaper... And in their cheaper offering, they have mounted the Kiox display unit on the TT out of the way

I'm sure you'll love it but it's the MTBer way to criticise every bike someone is excited about

ozzybmx

I really don't know much about it. I've had a quick scoot on a few and liked the Bosch CX.
Will just ride it and see what I like or don't like.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I actually don't mind the look of the Levo. They are also in nearly every top 3 ebike review, the spec is pretty good and the warranty is excellent.

If it wasn't for this bike being in stock, I'd have went for the Levo Expert or maybe even Pro... as they are on sale :rolleyes: and size availability dependent.
Yeah objectively the Levo seems to be the winner for ease of use, especially with the deals on them currently that alloy one for $8k has a spec that's only a slight premium over a normal bike. Trek Rail 7 looks promising as well.

Trawling through options currently as after NZ the girlfriend has indicated she's very keen on an ebike. Just have to try and find a way to get one and keep the HD4 somehow ;)

ozzybmx

The Foam Ranger DH's his oso.

The bike is 155/170 stock but is able to take a 190mm dual crown and by swapping the rear shock to 65mm stroke, gives it a 170mm rear.