AM Bird, bird, bird.... bird is the word.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Cool. STA looks slacker than some, which I would have thought would stretch it out when seated. Numbers on paper often don’t reflect how a bike feels. Hoping I haven’t bitten off more than I can chew.
Nah I think your in a good range, the bike geo coming out at the moment is really spot on. Like you said numbers on paper don't always translate to a good fit, my last few full sussers can attest to that.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Nah I think your in a good range, the bike geo coming out at the moment is really spot on. Like you said numbers on paper don't always translate to a good fit, my last few full sussers can attest to that.
My bike looks more like a BMX every day! This looks pretty amazing.

How tall are you? The reach on the Birds are massive. Your ML is the same as my mates XL Merida e bike.
Shorter ETT on the Bird? My BMX has similar ETT to the XL Titan I rode.

Also reminds me I still need to grab one of those mudguards off you, I have managed to just avoid riding lately so haven't needed it that much :D

Litenbror

Eats Squid
My bike looks more like a BMX every day! This looks pretty amazing.

Shorter ETT on the Bird? My BMX has similar ETT to the XL Titan I rode.

Also reminds me I still need to grab one of those mudguards off you, I have managed to just avoid riding lately so haven't needed it that much :D
It's an ETT of 630mm which is 18mm longer than the hardtail. I figured that would be about right for me as the hardtail felt best when seated with a 50mm stem but I preferred the handling of a 40mm stem.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Really like them, need to work on the air pressure after putting the 140mm air shaft in.
Nice. Which internals have they got? I’m really liking the Durolux R2C2 on my Prime, feels really supportive and is nice and smooth over the chatter

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Nice. Which internals have they got? I’m really liking the Durolux R2C2 on my Prime, feels really supportive and is nice and smooth over the chatter
It's the Auron EQ and I'm really liking it. Not feeling a huge difference between the EQ and my previous R2C2 maybe a bit better small bump. I've had good experiences with the Suntours overall.

Rorschach

Stickers on the fork easy to remove? I recall reading somewhere they are under a clear coat?

Bike looks awesome. :)
Mine are under the clear coat, but nothing to stop you stickering over the top of them. Only one I don’t like is the one on the arch

Rorschach

It's the Auron EQ and I'm really liking it. Not feeling a huge difference between the EQ and my previous R2C2 maybe a bit better small bump. I've had good experiences with the Suntours overall.
Mines an EQ R2C2, and it’s really good. Small bump is pretty good and I haven’t used all of the travel yet!
For the price, they really fly under the radar

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Mines an EQ R2C2, and it’s really good. Small bump is pretty good and I haven’t used all of the travel yet!
For the price, they really fly under the radar
Absolutely best value to performance fork you can buy. I like the EQ for the slightly better small bump but the old air spring was great for adjustability.

Goudgey

Likes Dirt
@Litenbror
Beautiful bike!
I was chasing one of these a few months ago but Bird told me they were no longer shipping to Australia. How did you get around that, or did you but before they stopped shipping here?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
@Litenbror
Beautiful bike!
I was chasing one of these a few months ago but Bird told me they were no longer shipping to Australia. How did you get around that, or did you but before they stopped shipping here?
@Goudgey I must have just missed the cut off. It was pretty expensive for the shipping but they didn't say anything about not doing it.