Billiard/Pool Tables

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Who knows what? Basically I want to treat myself, but being the poor student type, my budget is probably ~$800.

From what I've briefly read this evening, a second-hand slate table would be my best option? What are my options for transporting/relocating the damn thing?

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can pick them up reasonably cheap from pubs, though they might require a bit of TLC to get it up to scratch.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Man, check trading posts/paper regularly, I used to see them as give aways! But I gotst no room for one :(

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Am I right in going for a second hand slate over new timber/mdf top? Initially I was looking at 2 timber both going for ~$800 new, but have since been told that slate is a much better option for both performance & durability.

Keep in mind this is a recreation only purchase, just something for entertainment when the guys come round, not playing competitively.
Man, check trading posts/paper regularly, I used to see them as give aways! But I gotst no room for one :(
Aye I've already found one that might be what I'm after, just got to give them a call tomorrow.

The 2nd car at my household will be living outside to make room for my toy :D

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been over to see the Billiard Shop in Maroochydore yet? They carry some pretty good second hand stuff.

Just remember that a slate top table will need at least 5 or 6 guys to comfortably move it around. More if it's a big'un. They are fucking heavy. I had a pub sized slate top with massive turned legs; I could only just get one end to lift off the ground on my own.