Big Day Out 2010

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Who would you like to see? Who would make it worth the time & money?

First announcement
Muse
Powderfinger
Lily Allen
Eskimo Joe
Groove Armada
Grinspoon
The Mars Volta
Ladyhawke
Dizzee Rascal
Karnivool
Peaches
The Temper Trap
Kasabian
Midnight Juggernauts
Rise Against
Magic Dirt
Mastodon
Lisa Mitchell
The Horrors
Bluejuice
Calvin Harris
Kisschasy
The Decemberists
Tame Impala
Girl Talk

Last edited:

Maurice.

Banned
Im Hanging out for this, missed on 09, and soundwave, and last BDO I went to was in 08, so I'm a bit deprived from it. Im not too stoked on Muse, no offence, i also heard that Blink 182 were playing, not tookeen either, Bowie, he is good, but it will be another Neil Young thing.

I estimate that tix are going to be going for about $150, considering that it goes but by like $20 each year:rolleyes:
Smartest idea would be to wait after the second announcment and buy tix on ebay, which is what I shall be doing.

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
I want to see RHCP, but I doubt they're a chance due to being in the studio from october onward.

Why would it be smarter to get tix on ebay? Would they not be more expensive?

Maurice.

Banned
I want to see RHCP, but I doubt they're a chance due to being in the studio from october onward.

Why would it be smarter to get tix on ebay? Would they not be more expensive?
Well, if you buy the tix after the 1st announcement and then see that the 2nd announcement is shit, and don't like you, well you've obviously wasted $150/each. Whereas if you shop around on ebay you can find some cheap single tickets. I got an 08 ticket for $120 pickup.

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
First announcement...

Muse
Powderfinger
Lily Allen
Eskimo Joe
Groove Armada
Grinspoon
The Mars Volta
Ladyhawke
Dizzee Rascal
Karnivool
Peaches
The Temper Trap
Kasabian
Midnight Juggernauts
Rise Against
Magic Dirt
Mastodon
Lisa Mitchell
The Horrors
Bluejuice
Calvin Harris
Kisschasy
The Decemberists
Tame Impala
Girl Talk

Maurice.

Banned
Kinda saw this first announcement coming,I would love to see Rise aainst, don't really care for powderfinger and Muse. Stoked for Peaches, Mastodon and
Girl Talk especially, he is a such an amzaing artist. Might acctually even for early birds tickets this year.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It wouldn't be hard to make a lineup better than last year's crud............ No more BDO's for Mr Dozer!
Muse - Awesome!
Powderfinger - For the 945th time........
Lily Allen - Has the same lack of talent of every other short idiot in music
Eskimo Joe - Seen better days
Groove Armada - Yeah!
Grinspoon - Good about 10 years ago
The Mars Volta - The only goosd thing about this band is the fact that they used to form part of At the Drive In.
Ladyhawke - Should be fun!
Dizzee Rascal - Good fun.
Karnivool - Aussie pride!
Peaches - Idiot. Has the same mentaility of Lily Allen.
The Temper Trap - Yawn.........
Kasabian - Nice!
Midnight Juggernauts - Nice!
Rise Against - I'd enjoy them if I was 17 and angry.........
Magic Dirt - Is this legit?
Mastodon - Could be a surprise.
Lisa Mitchell - Sounds like a man...........
The Horrors - Fun?
Bluejuice - Annoying.
Calvin Harris - Likes shadows.
Kisschasy - Yay! A band for the 12 yeard old girls to watch!
The Decemberists - In January!
Tame Impala - The next Wolfmother..........good until they get popluar and over produced.
Girl Talk - Better than man talk!

That was fun............Where is David Bowie?

Last edited:

Kaleb_t

Likes Dirt
$150 to see Muse and Rise Against not likely although i could go get bonkers with dizzie rascal :rolleyes: but then again goin riding during the day and staying home that night sounds even better..

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stoked on Muse, Ladyhawke, Groove Armada, Temper Trap, Kasabian, Midnight Juggernauts, Lisa Mitchell and Calvin Harris. When do tickets go on sale?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Agreed.

Lot of money to see 1 or 2 bands.
Same story for the last few years I reckon. The BDO is also attracting a seemingly stupider crowd every year. Another good reason to buy music DVD's and avoid standing in a queue.........

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Agreed.

Lot of money to see 1 or 2 bands.
Yep. And the only two bands there who I would be particularly keen to see - The Horrors and The Decemberists - will likely do sideshows for a total cost of about half the price of a BDO ticket.

Edit: I think Dozer just about summed it up. Almost everyone on that list has played BDO or another local festival in the last few years, and that's not even taking into account that most of them are also total shit.

Last edited:

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
Yep. And the only two bands there who I would be particularly keen to see - The Horrors and The Decemberists...

Edit: I think Dozer just about summed it up. Almost everyone on that list has played BDO or another local festival in the last few years, and that's not even taking into account that most of them are also total shit.
You're so underground. ;)