Bendigo Downhill Crew

warrior

Likes Dirt
This thread is the home of the BDC. Organisation of ride days, trips and other random non bike related posts can be found within. New riders that want to jump on board just throw up a post, most of us don't bite.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
There is not much around.
Apparently a few tracks at one tree hill, i havnt found them.
My wife and i go riding at lightning hill - eaglehawk - there is a small hill there with some potential for some good lines and there is some decent single track around there too.
There are shuttle tracks at Maldon , mt Tarrengower - search the forum , youll find a thread or two - and they are good fun , havnt been there for a while.
Theres a few people around that ride , search on here and you should find them , one guy seemed friendly and was going to show me some tracks but ive been busy.

What do you ride?
Im on a brown stinky and my wifes on a blue one.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
same man i just moved here aswell. what type of bike do you have? ive got brodie gigolo are you the guy with the p3? my room mate was riding it today.

molzy13

Likes Dirt
hey im a local maldon rider, there have been a few minor ajustments to the tracks but im not to sure how they are at the moment as i haven't been up there for a few weeks due to no bike which sucks:( but i should have my glory up and runing very soon:). the tracks are about 2 1/2 - 3 mins long with great shuttle access. there are usually riders up here every weekend. come winter time (or when ever its wet next) im thinking of getting a whole crew up there to help do some maintence. pm me if your keen to give a hand

warrior

Likes Dirt
Went out and hit the maldon tracks this arvo. Huge thanks to matt for taking me out and showing me around.

'Alex

Likes Dirt
hey
I've being a bendi uni for 4 years and hit up the trails at any given chance. I live on uni residence at the base of one tree hill.. i ride a bottlerocket and a commencal combi. Would be keen to hook up a ride.. Being hittin up QLD for
O-week but will return to bendi tommorow!
Cheers Alex

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
ive got a few minor repairs to do for the bike before i take it out, so mouldon and one tree hill seem to be the best bet, talking to the guys harding cycles and they say theres plenty happening.

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
hooked up with warrior

mick and I hit up Maldon this arvo with great success... seems like there is plenty of riders out there so if we can hook up or cross reference our contact details there should be SOMEBODY going for a ride sometime...We saw a tarago with three (nice!) bikes at the lights in Kangaroo flat on the way home - they said they had been riding out the back of Kangaroo Flat??? Can't say I know too many hills out there but hey, if your reading this let me know and maybe we could also do a Tarrangower trip (Maldon) too..

Also looking at hitting Buller on Sat 15th march - will pass the word on closer to the date, maybe we can get some local riders booked in and fill up some crank holder spaces for the trip up there!

Keep posting in the thread - the more riders the better!!:D

sunny

Likes Dirt
Hi..I've posted in the girls only section about finding some chicks to go riding with in Bendigo. Any chance you boys have girlfriends/partners/wives, or the like, that ride? I've ridden with my partner (indica) at Maldon, One Tree Hill, and any other small mound available in Bendigo..... but am looking to mingle with some other oestrogen driven individuals on the odd occasion as well.
Cheers,
Sanne

indica

Serial flasher
mick and I hit up Maldon this arvo with great success... seems like there is plenty of riders out there so if we can hook up or cross reference our contact details there should be SOMEBODY going for a ride sometime...We saw a tarago with three (nice!) bikes at the lights in Kangaroo flat on the way home - they said they had been riding out the back of Kangaroo Flat??? Can't say I know too many hills out there but hey, if your reading this let me know and maybe we could also do a Tarrangower trip (Maldon) too..

Also looking at hitting Buller on Sat 15th march - will pass the word on closer to the date, maybe we can get some local riders booked in and fill up some crank holder spaces for the trip up there!

Keep posting in the thread - the more riders the better!!:D
If we ever need a mass ride , ive got a dual cab triton 4wd and a decent sized trailer.
as far as kangaroo flat , there is single track everywhere around bendigo , just not a lot of dh.
Ive heard there is a track on Mt Alexander that is a decent length , but i wouldnt know where to start to look for it.

Mt Buller is a easy 3 hour drive from here , you can make it a day trip and still be home for dinner , i had five runs and was farked at the end of that.

Also , as my wife posted , anyone have a wife/girlfriend for her to ride with, even if its only trail riding shed be keen.

There is another bendigo rider , nico jacko , that i havnt hooked up yet but he knows some local stuff , and has built some of the dirt jumps around.

Lastly , i shop at Bendigo Cycles and they can service front and rear shocks , which not many people seem to do anymore.

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
If we ever need a mass ride , ive got a dual cab triton 4wd and a decent sized trailer.

Ive heard there is a track on Mt Alexander that is a decent length , but i wouldnt know where to start to look for it.

Mt Buller is a easy 3 hour drive from here , you can make it a day trip and still be home for dinner , i had five runs and was farked at the end of that.

Also , as my wife posted , anyone have a wife/girlfriend for her to ride with, even if its only trail riding shed be keen.

There is another bendigo rider , nico jacko , that i havnt hooked up yet but he knows some local stuff , and has built some of the dirt jumps around.

Lastly , i shop at Bendigo Cycles and they can service front and rear shocks , which not many people seem to do anymore.
G'day...looks like a mass ride is on the cards soon! At the moment we have a duel cab ute with 4x crank holders in the back and I am in the process of getting a 4x crankholder for a 6x4 trailer. Does your trailer have anything set up to hold bikes?

Mt Alexander does have a track - it's National Park out there and I heard it's a big fine if you get caught and it's a major shuttle pain ...

Buller is looking good for a mass ride! There is three of us from work, hopefully sethius and warrior are keen and mick (warrior has 3/4 mates that are keen too), also hooking up with 1/2 doz riders from halls gap / ararat over there and if indica and sunny are keen it could be a huge day!
between all of us I'm sure there is plenty of car/bike space so now all we need to do is keep the 15th of march free!!!

Sorry sunny - my wife doesn't ride and at the moment I don't know of any off the top of my head.....

Too right Indica - Brock at Bendigo Cycles does great work - you get the standard bike shop muck around sometimes with ordered parts or how long it takes to get the job done but 99% of the time it's sweet. Brock is always keen to hear about your riding and you seem to get some discounts sometimes for repeat business...

Sometimes we shoot out to maldon during the week from a lunch time - not sure of everyones work commitments but if our w'ends are full we still get in a ride...

Definately will be communicating with molzy13 and everyone else to see if we can sort out a working bee/ride/camp out at maldon - should gets the track perfect with more hands!!

cheers
Matt:D

indica

Serial flasher
Hey,
Nothing set up in the trailer to hold bikes , but it does have a cage , so with careful packing and a rug or two would be good for shuttles.
Mt. Buller could be a bit hard as we have a 3 and a 5 year old , and our family is in adelaide so the babysitter thing is a bit hard.

I would be keen for a wed , or thursday if we could be back by 2.15.

There is some fun singletrack for trail riding around lightning hill ( eaglehawk )
that sunny and i ride every tuesday , anyone is welcome.

later
ben

Curlz12

Likes Dirt
Hey Fellas
When are yous going for a ride? cos ive just started racing and i want to find some tracks to practice on.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Hey,
Nothing set up in the trailer to hold bikes , but it does have a cage , so with careful packing and a rug or two would be good for shuttles.
Mt. Buller could be a bit hard as we have a 3 and a 5 year old , and our family is in adelaide so the babysitter thing is a bit hard.

I would be keen for a wed , or thursday if we could be back by 2.15.

There is some fun singletrack for trail riding around lightning hill ( eaglehawk )
that sunny and i ride every tuesday , anyone is welcome.

later
ben
hey ben,
i might all of tuesdays off yet, online timetable says yes but other one says i might have one class ill find out tomorrow but id be keen for some singletrack.

indica

Serial flasher
Buller is looking good for a mass ride! There is three of us from work, hopefully sethius and warrior are keen and mick (warrior has 3/4 mates that are keen too), also hooking up with 1/2 doz riders from halls gap / ararat over there and if indica and sunny are keen it could be a huge day!
between all of us I'm sure there is plenty of car/bike space so now all we need to do is keep the 15th of march free!!!

Matt:D
i have just been encouraged to go to buller ... so if you have a spare seat , i can do the usual petrol money ...

let me know