Bendigo Downhill Crew

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
My hours and times are pretty haphazard at the moment, so I'm never quite sure when I'll be in town. If there is a ride on mid-week after work though I may be able to make it (generally Tuesday or Wednesday night). I've got a Navara Dual Cab (but no racks), so can help out with shuttles.

I'll just need to know something is happening by Monday so I bring the appropriate bike with me as I've been trying to put in some road k's at the moment to get the fitness up.

what time does your work finish?

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
work times V's ride times

I work from 6:30 am to 3pm mon to friday. If there is a w'end free I am usually riding.
When the w'ends fill up I either take an afternoon or even a whole day off to slip in a ride.
Thanks to everyone for putting in there commitments and time tables, it really helps to see who is avail and when and then contact them for a ride.

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
maldon this sun arvo??

just thinking if anyone is interested that I am going out to maldon on Sun arvo (2nd mar)- say exit bendigo approx 1:30-2:00pm ....

I have a 4x crank holder in a trailer so 3x spots are up for grabs....

:D

warrior

Likes Dirt
just thinking if anyone is interested that I am going out to maldon on Sun arvo (2nd mar)- say exit bendigo approx 1:30-2:00pm ....

I have a 4x crank holder in a trailer so 3x spots are up for grabs....

:D
I'm heading home this weekend so i'm out! Wouldn't have minded hitting that track again either!

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
If anyone wants a trail ride around lightning hill , my wife n i will be at the eaglehawk skate park carpark a few minutes either side of 10 am tomorrow.
There is a small hill and some fun singletrack we have found.
Let me know or just turn up ... we both ride stinkys ... mines brown , hers blue.

cheers
wheres the skatepark? saw it in the paper but it didn't give an address..

can't make it tomorrow but I might have Tuesday 11th March off - would you be riding then?

I was thinking I could hook up with you and others who have the day off and do some single track in morn and shoot out to Maldon in arvo with whoever is avail? (or just do maldon ??)..last chance shootout prior to Buller! :)

cheers
Matt

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
ditto any chance of a map of sorts for future reference? if i see you there i do if not i didnt get a few odds sorted.

indica

Serial flasher
The skate park is in eaglehawk.
If you go up eaglehawk road , through the traffic lights at the shopping strip in eaglehawk (left at these lights is the BMX track). Turn first right down Napier street.this goes past a YMCA with pool and gym ,and this is next to Lake Neangar.
around the other side of this is the skate park.
If you go on your own, there is a sign posted track called the Mulga Bill bike track which will take you to Lightning Hill.Past the hill are some fun tracks.
Around the hill also.

indica

Serial flasher
go to goole maps australia and enter lake neangar
the ride starts off simpson road.... if you zoom out from this map you will see where you are.

Last edited:

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
If anyone wants a trail ride around lightning hill , my wife n i will be at the eaglehawk skate park carpark a few minutes either side of 10 am tomorrow.
Let me know or just turn up ... we both ride stinkys ... mines brown , hers blue.

cheers
have a good ride!! (while I sit at work:()

warrior

Likes Dirt
Went out and hit up one tree hill with alex and joel this arvo. Cheers fellas for showing me around. The single track out there is not to bad, good enough for a quick riding fix. Anway there is some potential out there for some sweet lines. So maybe in the future we can get a crew out there and scratch out a track.

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt

cheers
did you get any takers this morning?:confused:

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
Went out and hit up one tree hill with alex and joel this arvo. Cheers fellas for showing me around. The single track out there is not to bad, good enough for a quick riding fix. Anway there is some potential out there for some sweet lines. So maybe in the future we can get a crew out there and scratch out a track.
one tree hill is nice and close for you - it is a national park though, (doesn't come across as one in the looks department I know!), chances of getting caught a next to none but it is the same as Mt Alexander and making tracks etc is a no, no... Saying that though there is so many tracks there already who would know!
I live in strathfieldsaye and its in my backyard too but with maldon only 35km away with such an easy shuttle its my personal pick...:)

indica

Serial flasher
Be careful with one tree hill its part of the bendigo n.p.
Nico jacko knows some stuff , search him out here and chuck him a pm, i havnt ridden with him but he seemed quite friendly.

indica

Serial flasher
one tree hill is nice and close for you - it is a national park though, (doesn't come across as one in the looks department I know!), chances of getting caught a next to none but it is the same as Mt Alexander and making tracks etc is a no, no... Saying that though there is so many tracks there already who would know!
I live in strathfieldsaye and its in my backyard too but with maldon only 35km away with such an easy shuttle its my personal pick...:)
there are lots of tracks there , but i didnt find much flow when i went.

No one but me and the wife this morning.
Its state forest out there with motorbike tracks everywhere.
we had a good ride , love a short section out there , a couple of jumps and rocky sections. Seriously people need to check out lightning hill.

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
there are lots of tracks there , but i didnt find much flow when i went.

No one but me and the wife this morning.
Its state forest out there with motorbike tracks everywhere.
we had a good ride , love a short section out there , a couple of jumps and rocky sections. Seriously people need to check out lightning hill.
bummer - was keen but had to endure the work thing:( I definately will get out there with you though!

I might have tuesday the 11th march off - you heading out then?

indica

Serial flasher
I might have tuesday the 11th march off - you heading out then?
atm we go every tuesday , kids are in care/school and wife has the morning off from work so we always go , love riding but its farkin hard with kids to get the time.
i can go for an after 6pm ride sometime maybe on a thursday.

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
atm we go every tuesday , kids are in care/school and wife has the morning off from work so we always go , love riding but its farkin hard with kids to get the time.
i can go for an after 6pm ride sometime maybe on a thursday.
I'm in the same boat with a little one....

that tues sound cool - book me in! Will be good to catchup prior to buller..

still not sure what to ride - probably stick some 2.35's on the work commuter hardtail and run that one. The rocky has only got a single chain ring (44T) and 2.5 rubber so not too friendly for cruising the bush or hitting the hills...

just sold my giant AC - would have been spot on for some single track work! - (had to make room for the glory though - missus wouldn't let me keep them all!)