Bells...

This is fucked. What are the consequences of not stopping for police? Do you actively try to outrun them, or just refuse to stop? I doubt I'd encounter police on bicycles where I ride most of the time (not in the CBD), but I'm fully anticipating a blitz on Epping Rd cycleway soon, probably next week, so they can increase their revenue by 500%.
Time to start commuting on the MTB and familiarise myself with the footpaths and carparks again like when I was a yoof ;)
In Queensland the police do have the power to stop a vehicle for certain purposes and a bicycle is classified as a vehicle.

The police also have the power to require your name and address if they catch you committing an offence or reasonably suspect you of having committed an offence and for other prescribed purposes. It is an offence to contravene that requirement although, interestingly, you are taken to not have committed that offence if you are not proved to have committed the offence which they required your details for.

Be aware that the officer must provide their name, rank and station if they stop or detain you.

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
Do any standards apply to bike reflectors in terms of size, colour, etc? If not, a little strip of black scotchbrite tape on your seat post/seat tube and steerer tube would do the job :)

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
Lights and Reflectors: (Rule 259) – A rider must not ride at night or in hazardous conditions without a solid or flashing white front light and red rear light both visible from 200 metres away and a red rear reflector on the rear visible when light is projected onto it from 50 metres away.

Looks like a strip of red highly reflective tape might do it. I have some black stuff I use on the moto which reflects back white at night too which you could hide on the front though it doesn't look like a legal requirement.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Don't the coppers have a responsibility to look after the publics welfare first, fine people second. If she ended up in hospital after this I'd say the cops weren't doing their job properly. She should follow this up. What they've done is the equivalent of fining you for loitering just after you've had the shit kicked out of you. That shit wouldn't hold up if a court was presented with the full facts.
Druggies that present in ed / get treated in the streets don't get charged, those cops were obviously just knobs! They're in every profession...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not that anyone will be in the least bit interested I bought a RockBros bell to compare with the Spurcycle bell. The Spurcycle rings a pure tone. That's about the difference. And $60 or so.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not that anyone will be in the least bit interested I bought a RockBros bell to compare with the Spurcycle bell. The Spurcycle rings a pure tone. That's about the difference. And $60 or so.
I bought one too. Got mine from fleabay direct from China for about $12 delivered. So impressed I bought another one and I am going to buy two more, one for each of the kids bikes. They are loud and high pitched so they alert walkers who are plugged into ear phones. They don't work on really old men who either couldn't be arsed getting out of the road or don't hear the bell. Either way, they are a good bell!

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Ha! Me 3.

Bought a Rockbros one a couple months back for my bike which i take the kids out on. The sound is wonderful, i couldnt fault it. $14 on Ebay. The videos out there show bugger all / no difference in sound to the Spurcycle and mines the same.

Like Swaz, i was so impressed ive ordered another for the other bike my wife rides when we take the kids out.

Travis.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Pushie is now running with the RockBros ... Waiting on first shipment.

We will be a little higher then "buy it now" eBay ... But that's the cost of doing business in AU.

between us and the Internet ... I know who I prefer dealing with.

scblack

Leucocholic
Pushie is now running with the RockBros ... Waiting on first shipment.

We will be a little higher then "buy it now" eBay ... But that's the cost of doing business in AU.

between us and the Internet ... I know who I prefer dealing with.
Ill do business with you my man. A good company.

Matt C

Likes Dirt
I've been rocking a Crane E-NE brass bell for a while and just bought another one. I ordered the black one which is anodized alloy for a bit of stealth on the Domane. It sounds rubbish though. Stick with the brass one if anyone is contemplating this bell. They (the brass one) sounds as good as the Spurcycle bells for half the price.