Bells...

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I have been:
- Chased by unmarked cars
- Chased by marked cars.
In both scenarios when caught i have been cut off. Once tackled from bike by cop "launching" from an unmarked car as it cut me off. With the cars they are pretty keen. I've used a dead end or two with walkway at the end successfully.

I've also been:
- Grabbed by a cop hiding behind a parked car
- Cornered by cop on foot and cop on bike between a shop and a parked car (that one was kind of funny...bike cop pulled a mad side ways Skid to block me in).

I'm yet to have a cycle copper pursue me. That is something I would find rather amusing...especially if I get the chance to huck some stairs. Given I'm not doing anything worse than:
- Riding slowly
- Riding on footpath, or
- Riding without a light/bell/dildo
I don't usually provide much chase. I've only copped 2 fines (footpath x 2 same cop). I do enjoy (in a sick way) being all up in arms when pulled over for no reason. Next time it happens I will be taking a photograph of the officer harassing me. I witnessed an outlaw motorcyclist pull this trick recently. It hustled the cops off quick smart.
Always entertaining pp

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I have been:
- Chased by unmarked cars
- Chased by marked cars.
In both scenarios when caught i have been cut off. Once tackled from bike by cop "launching" from an unmarked car as it cut me off. With the cars they are pretty keen. I've used a dead end or two with walkway at the end successfully.

I've also been:
- Grabbed by a cop hiding behind a parked car
- Cornered by cop on foot and cop on bike between a shop and a parked car (that one was kind of funny...bike cop pulled a mad side ways Skid to block me in).

I'm yet to have a cycle copper pursue me. That is something I would find rather amusing...especially if I get the chance to huck some stairs. Given I'm not doing anything worse than:
- Riding slowly
- Riding on footpath, or
- Riding without a light/bell/dildo
I don't usually provide much chase. I've only copped 2 fines (footpath x 2 same cop). I do enjoy (in a sick way) being all up in arms when pulled over for no reason. Next time it happens I will be taking a photograph of the officer harassing me. I witnessed an outlaw motorcyclist pull this trick recently. It hustled the cops off quick smart.
This is fucked. What are the consequences of not stopping for police? Do you actively try to outrun them, or just refuse to stop? I doubt I'd encounter police on bicycles where I ride most of the time (not in the CBD), but I'm fully anticipating a blitz on Epping Rd cycleway soon, probably next week, so they can increase their revenue by 500%.
Time to start commuting on the MTB and familiarise myself with the footpaths and carparks again like when I was a yoof ;)

Flow-Rider

Burner
This is fucked. What are the consequences of not stopping for police? Do you actively try to outrun them, or just refuse to stop? I doubt I'd encounter police on bicycles where I ride most of the time (not in the CBD), but I'm fully anticipating a blitz on Epping Rd cycleway soon, probably next week, so they can increase their revenue by 500%.
Time to start commuting on the MTB and familiarise myself with the footpaths and carparks again like when I was a yoof ;)
Resisting arrest = months behind bars with Bubba or free cash donation.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Resisting arrest = months behind bars with Bubba or free cash donation.
You will be overjoyed to know that he is not guilty of resisting arrest. The police would have to start arresting to you for that to happen, then you escape. It's not helping them with their enquiries which you are under no legal obligation to do so.

Now, there is a recent law specific to not stopping for a police officer in the road laws, but I don't know if that says "motor vehicle" or vehicle. Suspect that like most laws for cars, they use the term "motor vehicle" which doesn't apply to cyclists.

So run run run (or ride) but don't call them fucking idiots - they are very offended by such language and will stand up in court like a little old church going lady horrified by the word fuck.

I have just lost so much respect in the last few days for our "police force"

Cropduster

Likes Dirt
coppers struggle for respect everywhere i reckon, and with the proliferation of smart phones with cameras they are being caught behaving badly nearly as much as the rest of us.

Footage on nine news showed coppers on the gold coast holding a guy in a choke hold and punching him in the face repeatedly while two others held him down, laughable that the poor bugger was charged with resisting arrest.

I wonder what a current affair will have about the new cycling laws tonight at 7????

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ there is a loop hole there too. I cant remember the exactness of it, but something around being entitled to express an opinion. "I think you're a dumb fucking cunt officer." apparently plays. I believe it was proven in court following a trial for such abuses.

Elbo, as stated I'm not usually doing anything wrong. NYE was a perfect.example. Riding down my street at 6pm. Unmarked cops cut 3 laps past me, then pulled me over. I was most impolite after the fact.
.including telling the clown running my ID (Medicare card was all I had) to hurry up as I had places to be. But I have ridden away from them in a passive "I'm not listening" style and a "fuck sticking around for this!" fashion.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I hate the things. When I think of bells it's noise pollution, startled people stumbling over each other to get out of the way, and the impression of bikers barging through thinking we own everything. Just general commotion.

Cruising past in a gap at a reasonable speed or the odd yell/freehub spin for total blockages does the trick for me.
Totally agree. It's the cycling equivalent of cars using horns excessively (remember how much fun this was last time you were in a 3rd world country?). Every day I see idiots ding ding dinging their way through the city annoying the hell out of everyone around them, other cyclists included. It doesn't hurt to say "passing" or "excuse me" if you need someone to get out of the way when they haven't heard you coming. In the civilised world cars do not use their horns every time they want other motorists to get out of their way, which is most of the time if you live in a city and drive in heavy traffic.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Bells always make me jump if I'm walking... They usually wait until they're right behind you - rude and annoying it feels.

I'm training my partner in bell use - she is a slow bike path rider plus she wanted the period correct Peugeot bell to complete the restoration... But I'm ensuring she uses it sparingly!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bells always make me jump if I'm walking... They usually wait until they're right behind you - rude and annoying it feels.

I'm training my partner in bell use - she is a slow bike path rider plus she wanted the period correct Peugeot bell to complete the restoration... But I'm ensuring she uses it sparingly!!
I would recommend you ring her bell more often. It will help you relax...just be careful! It is how babies are made.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Add lockout laws in both QLD and NSW, plus NSW ID laws to the list and it makes for very smug Victorians!

:lock1:
Nah, we're the smart guys that came up with the idea for lockout time, your not getting the credit. We also came up with helmet laws and we've had bell laws that no one knows about for ages as well so you can get stuffed.

Last edited:

fridgie

Likes Dirt
In a few months, there's the great Brisbane bike ride including Mt Cootha challenge.... Wonder if they'll be there to book us all doing our timed run over the mountain..... Chunts!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
There's gotta be a market for a digital warning device that shouts - fucking pigs! When you push the button - only ever needs to work once when asked to demonstrate

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Last edited: