beeb's ride diary

Flow-Rider

Burner
For sure! Well, except for the unexpected wildlife... There was spiders on the ground everywhere (with strange eyes that glinted with green reflections), wallabies and roos in the shrubs, a couple of orb weavers across the trails, and even a few frogs on the trail! o_O (Plus micro-bats flying around occasionally, and various nocturnal birds calling in the trees)

Pretty cool seeing it all come alive though. :)
Every stick half sitting off the ground looks like a shadow of a snake trying to strike you. :p

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Went for my second night ride at You Yangs last night - @fjohn860 was along for the ride too (and another non-RB mate during the afternoon part of the ride).

Given we rode Lactic in both the afternoon and night I thought a side by side might be interesting:

Kind of amusing note about editing this - I scaled the playback speed of the two videos so they looked similar side-by-side, but had to did it in several segments because in a couple of (rocky!) sections I was actually faster at night! Most of the trail we were a few percent faster during the day though.

I didn't feel all that fast on either run though tbh - first ride on the new Waltly and don't have it feeling "dialled" yet so felt a bit awkward in a couple of spots. Still a fun ride though. :)
Was a good ride.

I bet you are glad you didn't "call it" early, despite my smart arse comments about the creaking I couldn't hear

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Was a good ride.

I bet you are glad you didn't "call it" early, despite my smart arse comments about the creaking I couldn't hear
Haha, I can still hear it (it's actually getting louder), I think it's either the BB, pedal threads or chainring mounting. Naturally that creak is the only thing I haven't chased yet today after having already changing fork travel, stem, spacers and rear tyre... :oops:

But yeah, it was definitely worth hanging out a bit longer! You know now we've done Lactic at night, Cressy will be next right? :p

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Haha, I can still hear it (it's actually getting louder), I think it's either the BB, pedal threads or chainring mounting. Naturally that creak is the only thing I haven't chased yet today after having already changing fork travel, stem, spacers and rear tyre... :oops:

But yeah, it was definitely worth hanging out a bit longer! You know now we've done Lactic at night, Cressy will be next right? :p
Busy day on the tools

Better get that creak sorted though. Grumpy beeb isn't as fun to ride with

I actually though we were going to do Cressy last night after dark, but yeah fair chance next time