Battle of the Funduro bikes! Another X vs X thread.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great feedback mate; I can attest to the DRCV as I've got a Fuel Ex9 and agree with you in that they feel as though they have more travel than they do. Treks suspension platform is excellent which is why I've chosen the Slash as one of the contenders. In fact it was my only choice until I had a day off work sick and started doing more research haha

Do you still have the Sight? I've heard mixed reviews about the Sight but reviews on the Range have been quite consistent....
Nah, sold it before I went to Canada to fund the trip. Only have the Fuel atm. Will more than likely end up with a Slash 9.8 in the new year.

Just add that the mate who's Slash I borrowed has been running Reigns for 3 years previous to owning it. He didn't like it to start with, but after three rides, he uttered the words "Giants are shit."

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Nobody has said Liteville yet - so I just did :). Not carbon, but ticks all the other boxes and can be built for less than $7K with a little cunning. Hell, that gives you $4K for a build kit with a 301 frame, and $3.5k with a 601 frame.

Of the slash, range or spartan.. shit. Tough call. Reads like you like the slash a lot, go with the flow :)

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
So many bike to choose from how about another to consider!

I have a kona process 134 which is a great technical climber and a hoot on the way back down. I dropped the bike into a deep rut and shat myself thinking how the hell am I going to ride this out, I needn't have worried as the bike got me out of the shit it's very capable compared to my abilities.

The 153 would be even better. Although not very light compared to carbon bikes you never feel the weight.

http://www.konaworld.com/process_153_dl.cfm

The 167 26'er would also be awesome although not so good climbing apparently.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
It's amazing how quickly things change when you test ride a shit tonne of bikes.

Went to a shop, tested some Santa Cruz's, tested a Yeti, walked out with a Devinci Spartan with full XO build kit, Pike RCT3 and Monarch RC3 - just came back from the YY from its maiden voyage and am totally perplexed with how a 160mm bike with such angles can carry my fat piece of shit ass up a hill..... holy lord.

Thanks for all the tips!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Pics or it didn't happen......, of the bike, that is, not your fat piece of shit arse.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
It's amazing how quickly things change when you test ride a shit tonne of bikes.

Went to a shop, tested some Santa Cruz's, tested a Yeti, walked out with a Devinci Spartan with full XO build kit, Pike RCT3 and Monarch RC3 - just came back from the YY from its maiden voyage and am totally perplexed with how a 160mm bike with such angles can carry my fat piece of shit ass up a hill..... holy lord.

Thanks for all the tips!
Awesome!! Ride well for what they are hey!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Thanks for all the tips!
Congrats dude! Yeah...need pics!

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
walked out with a Devinci Spartan with full XO build kit, Pike RCT3 and Monarch RC3...
.... am totally perplexed with how a 160mm bike with such angles can carry my fat piece of shit ass up a hill.
Nice steed!

..and welcome to modern 160mm mountain bikes. May the shit eating grins be plentiful :)

fallingwater

Likes Bikes
Summit?

Ahhhh, the old carpark test, eh?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
shouldaboughtagiant... sorry what?

Nice bike, enjoy :) As with all things nice, you enjoy it long after the spend has been forgotten.