Generators, Batteries and Inverters

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
If it’s just for the 24 hour races, for microwave and coffee duties, I’d just go with a separate 200aH AGM battery that you charge the crap out of, before the event. Don’t microwave and coffee at the same time and turn the inverter off in between times.

If it’s for extended camping, it is unlikely your existing solar setup will be able to charge a 100aH + 200aH parallel battery arrangement anyway... particularly if the charge controller is PWM. If you have a MPPT charge controller, that’s better, but it will still need more sunlight/panels to charge a battery bank that is 3 times the size of what you have now. Not even touching on battery impedance mismatches, etc.

binner

Hath shat hymself
if you want real kinda coffe without bangin out amps buy one of these.. i take it on every camp trip..... so good
google it
Coleman QuikPot Portable Propane 10 Cup Coffee Maker

binner

Hath shat hymself
i run 3 x 135 amp agms in parallel connected to a 3000 watt inverter with 2 x Andy outlets, 2 x cig outlets and 2 x usb 3.0 outlets all drawing from i think about 300 watt solar panels..... it handles my 60 ltr fridge on 2 deg constant, charging multiple devices and phones for kids n missus, runs a mini projector for movies and all night orange n white lights for kitchen in camper.... have had a few times of low uv but the batts seem to hold up.... things like hair dryers, toasters, kettles, coffee machines draw bulk power ,....thats where batts start to get overwhelmed, hence me using the coleman gas dripolator for getting a decent morning coffee...
next year ill change over to li ion batts

binner

Hath shat hymself
55db at 7meters, I had an old couple camping next to me years ago and barely noticed it, the cheap genys are a waste of time. You'd just run it when you need the extra load in anycase.
im not fond of loud gennies running at nite, if i hear em ill come have a chat.... ;)

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
But when there’s no wind and you’re camped in the bush, if a motor is running nearby, even if Soichiro made it, I can hear it... and Sue is worse

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Subscribed.

Mrs George wants our newly acquired fridge installed in the Colorado, I know the basics, working on the details.