Bargain buys thread

beezlbub

Likes Dirt
Funnily enough I’ve been lurking around Ali the last week and nearly pulled trigger on similar sets, but factor in shipping and GST (and no brakes as others have said, and that one actually has Deore cranks not XT) and it’s actually not much different to local. Then add unknown shipping time and risk of non-genuine stuff (I get that seems to be pretty low risk these days), plus headache with any follow up warranty (again concede that pretty low risk) and it becomes even more line ball...

But feedback about posting non-bargains in the bargains thread heard loud and clear!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Bike of the week at Canyon is the Spectral 29 AL 6.

Normally $4,499, now $4,049.

You get a Lyrik Select+ (Charger 3 damper), full SRAM GX drivetrain, Code R brakes, and DT Swiss wheels.

slowmick

38-39"
Got out to the Yarra Valley Cycles sale today Didn't buy anything but saw saw big markdowns on bikes and parts.
Will mention the medium 29er sight frame for $1600 and the 29/190 Zeb Ultimate (previous gen / not buttercups) $900.
170mm (52mm chain line no chainring) XT cranks (8120-1) $180
Lots of Maxxis tyres but not the ones I was looking for. Man said they had sold over 300 tyres in the last 2 days.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
These seem like a bargain assuming there's no damage to stanchions and it's actually been serviced -

Xnapper-2023-05-29-10.57.22.png

nathanm

Eats Squid
Looking at grabbing a couple of the specialized tyres but whats the go with sizing, 2.3 or 2.6? Given I usually run maxxis 2.5f/2.4r do I go 2.3 or 2.6?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
2.3R, 2.6F. The 2.3 is about equivalent to the 2.3 Maxxis (DHF, e.g.) and the 2.6 ballpark to the 2.5.
Disgree. The 2.3 Specialized tyres are a decent 2.4 and close to 2.5 ime. A 2.3 Maxxis could fit inside a 2.3 Specialized :) The 2.6 is a 2.6.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Disgree. The 2.3 Specialized tyres are a decent 2.4 and close to 2.5 ime. A 2.3 Maxxis could fit inside a 2.3 Specialized :) The 2.6 is a 2.6.
Eh, sure. The 2.3 Butcher I had definitely looked and felt like a narrower casing and squarer profile like a 2.3 DHF than the 2.4 Dissector it replaced. I gave up trying to get a Rimpact in because it was an absolute shitfight with the narrower casing - I could fit it in the Dissector by hand. But we're mixing our decimal and freedom units anyway so whatevs. Point stands, 2.3R, 2.6F.