Bargain buys thread

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
If not a scam, then this has @Labcanary's name all over it!
Arran is an occasional rotorburner. I've traded with him before. I checked out the sizing for this bike a while ago and unfortunately I am well below the recommended rider height. The joys of being a little person!

Another bike for @Labcanary ?

This bike has been for sale for about 6 months with the price steadily dropping.
I'm still trying to sell my small, 2018 Spitty frame due to it being a poor fit for my stature :(

I've got an extra small Norco fluid FS now and it's a perfect fit, I love it.

cammas

Seamstress
@beeb I will take that back, I would say he’s one of these guys that gets something cheap gives it once over then sells for double the price. He just put up an Orbea that was $900 last weekend on marketplace which is pretty rough and now wants $1800, only reason I noticed it I assumed it may have been stolen at that price until I looked at the pictures and thought nah it’s just been abused.

jrewing

Eats Squid
It's brake capacity. If you're trying to haul 100kgs+ down from 40km/h repeatedly on a Maydena run you quickly see the difference in capacity between brakes.

I cooked a set of Saints with 200mm rotors and sintered pads at Maydena on my DH bike. Probably needed a set of Cura 4s on Racematrix pads and floating 220mm rotors.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
I’ve got mt5 200f/220 rear and couldnt Ask for more brake than that. Stella at Maydena. Not running anything but them now on. Bargain from the German stores as well.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I’ve got mt5 200f/220 rear and couldnt Ask for more brake than that. Stella at Maydena. Not running anything but them now on. Bargain from the German stores as well.
Like anything, the best thing you’ve ridden is the best thing you’ve ridden. Suspension, brakes, gears, undies…when you know you know :)
Merry Christmas

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
‘Will only work with non-boost bikes’ What a load of shit. Old mate has either been sold a line or… I don’t know. Either way, a couple of mm is not a reason to avoid putting these on a boost bike.
Some boost bikes really need that few mm clearance, others it makes F-all difference. I'd say he's just washing his hands of anyone wanting to hand them back after purchasing because they didn't do their homework.