Bargain buys thread

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I wouldn't have a clue. Some people get wood over Ti so I thought I'd chuck it up though....
The frames itself are about $1500USD retail. Plus Gerry harvey tax and all that, and you're getting a whole bike and fork. Seems good to me.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The frames itself are about $1500USD retail. Plus Gerry harvey tax and all that, and you're getting a whole bike and fork. Seems good to me.
They were on run-out on CRC and Wiggle for ages though. Not sure there's that much demand for that specific model/era.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looks great condition and has decent spec for someone looking that kind of bike.
Those Helix Pro29 were around 2012 till...
Going on the parts the bike could be around 2015.
Still great condition regardless.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Is this a bargain? 2017 Ti frame. $1999. He has it listed on Brisbane Marketplace.

From the Lynskey website: “The Pro 29 is our premium race bike with an all new geometry for 2017. Updated to perfection as a modern XC hardtail that is both stable and fast. With a longer top tube and slackened head tube, the new Pro 29 is designed for shorter stem lengths, allowing it to turn like it’s on rails. The lower center of gravity gives the rider the ability to confidently dive through corners, and the bike maintains calm feeling on descents. With a triangular 6/4 top tube and helix downtube, this bike is stiff, strong, and race-ready.
• Oversized HELIX shaped downtube
• Tapered headtube for increased front end stiffness
• Plate style chainstays (half yoke design) for significant tire and tightest Q factor 156mm crank arm clearance
• Wright Style 12mm x 148mm x 1.0 Pitch Thru Axle with Replaceable Hanger
• 17.5" chainstay lengths
• Enhanced bottom bracket height for additional clearance
Components include
• Rockshox SID front suspension with remote Poplock lockout.
• Cross Max Wheels with new Maxxis Ardent tyres
• Shimano XTR Disk Brakes
• SRAM GX drive train with new chain installed
• LEV Dropper post
• Easton Havoc Carbon bars
Bike is in good condition. Inspections welcome. Pick up only in Eatons Hill (QLD)
Total bargain if it's the right size.

Would be a stiff and fast XC whip. Would also make a world crushing monstercross/tourer.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

kip01

Likes Dirt
Has anyone purchased from banditbikes ?
They have 50% off store wide not much good on there besides cheap maxxis tyres including 26inch and some funn products, can't find any reviews online so not sure if dodgy or not.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Has anyone purchased from banditbikes ?
They have 50% off store wide not much good on there besides cheap maxxis tyres including 26inch and some funn products, can't find any reviews online so not sure if dodgy or not.
I was wondering the same. Couldn’t find an address and website said 2022 so I gave up and assumed a scam.

But if it is real I’ll be buying a few tyres

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt

scott gambler $675

2012 dual suspension Scott Gambler Down Hill bike in good condition. Well maintained with new front and rear brakes and new tyres, medium frame. Ideal for first time downhill rider wanting to experience some downhill fun first without spending $1,000's!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious

scott gambler $675

2012 dual suspension Scott Gambler Down Hill bike in good condition. Well maintained with new front and rear brakes and new tyres, medium frame. Ideal for first time downhill rider wanting to experience some downhill fun first without spending $1,000's!
a realistic price for an old DH bike...what's the catch?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
MTBD have their Cleanskin lights on sale, good entry level lights from what I have heard.

View attachment 392260
Hate to talk MTBD down, as I rate them as one of the best shops in Australia. But, I’ve put those duos next to my $30 eBay solar storm cheapies and could see a pinch of difference. I think that’s actually expensive for what you get.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Hate to talk MTBD down, as I rate them as one of the best shops in Australia. But, I’ve put those duos next to my $30 eBay solar storm cheapies and could see a pinch of difference. I think that’s actually expensive for what you get.
True. Would just be a re-badged light from a catalogue. Warranty likely better with MTBD but if $30 then not lost much if they stop working.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Duos on sale for $49 today

Probably now worth the extra $15-20 over Aliexpress and FleaBay just to avoid hassle and have warranty’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk