Bargain buys thread

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Goon bags aren't fancy? oh...awkward...

I've got a RF ARC35 rim on the front wheel of my Norco and a RF ARC30 on the rear wheel on the husband's Solo (replaced a munted second hand Spank spoon rim). As far as affordable rims go, RF are not bad. Unless the user has a history of destroying rims they are good bang for buck :)
Now I feel snobby . I have this picture of a frankenbike consisting of your Norco and the solo now...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
What is the best wHine to match with there rims?

My usual go to in the early arvo is a Pinot Noir from Central Otago or Martinbourgh, both good spots that make the vine work, generally pretty low yields though.

Happy to be shot down on this, I'm pretty sure there is more than two vintners on here.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The yoinker had RF Arc 30s, both front and back fcked, dings and flat spots... hmm my boys are not really a good comparison, as you were :)

DMan

My usual go to in the early arvo is a Pinot Noir from Central Otago or Martinbourgh, both good spots that make the vine work, generally pretty low yields though.

Happy to be shot down on this, I'm pretty sure there is more than two vintners on here.
Hoping to be in Martinborough in Sept. Planning on doing a bicycle wine tasting with my fam. Could be challenging....

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Look like a bargain if the price of a Mk15 that I googled is correct.

View attachment 391516
Messaged him about it, doubt it's a MK15 if its still got 26" wheels and fork looks like a 12 vintage and a DT Swiss SSD212.

Not getting a great vibe of his FB page and wtf is Wollert?

Edit: pretty sure it's a MK9.

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Messaged him about it, doubt it's a MK15 if its still got 26" wheels and fork looks like a 12 vintage and a DT Swiss SSD212.

Not getting a great vibe of his FB page and wtf is Wollert?

Edit: pretty sure it's a MK9.
Yeah did seem a bit strange as far as the 26in wheels, but wasn't sure if the liteville still had that option (for shits and giggles) if people were weird and wanted 26" :p

Wollert is kind of between Epping and Mernda. They have a rubbish tip!

DMan

Is this a bargain? 2017 Ti frame. $1999. He has it listed on Brisbane Marketplace.

From the Lynskey website: “The Pro 29 is our premium race bike with an all new geometry for 2017. Updated to perfection as a modern XC hardtail that is both stable and fast. With a longer top tube and slackened head tube, the new Pro 29 is designed for shorter stem lengths, allowing it to turn like it’s on rails. The lower center of gravity gives the rider the ability to confidently dive through corners, and the bike maintains calm feeling on descents. With a triangular 6/4 top tube and helix downtube, this bike is stiff, strong, and race-ready.
• Oversized HELIX shaped downtube
• Tapered headtube for increased front end stiffness
• Plate style chainstays (half yoke design) for significant tire and tightest Q factor 156mm crank arm clearance
• Wright Style 12mm x 148mm x 1.0 Pitch Thru Axle with Replaceable Hanger
• 17.5" chainstay lengths
• Enhanced bottom bracket height for additional clearance
Components include
• Rockshox SID front suspension with remote Poplock lockout.
• Cross Max Wheels with new Maxxis Ardent tyres
• Shimano XTR Disk Brakes
• SRAM GX drive train with new chain installed
• LEV Dropper post
• Easton Havoc Carbon bars
Bike is in good condition. Inspections welcome. Pick up only in Eatons Hill (QLD)