Bargain buys thread

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Aldi stuff is pretty decent for casual home use. I have a Ryobi from bunnings and its also not something id buy for all day use in a workshop, but its a good buy for doing tyres and the occasional air tool etc.
If you say so. But you buy Ryobi as well so..

DMan

My compressor finally gave up the ghost after 18 years plus I can’t count all the stuff I built around the house with the nail gun and other assorted pieces. Mrs just bought me another one for my birthday, it’s sitting in the corner of the shed right at the power point, so when I go to change tyres etc I just flick it on by the time I’ve stuffed around changing tyres spilling sealant on myself etc, it’s full and waiting on me.
True. Unless you aren't in your shed....

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Why don't you lot just leave pressure in the air tank on ya compressors and turn the valve off???
I just flick the valve on and use it. No waiting around for it to build up pressure.

If ya valve leaks, then fix it, usually swapping out the o-ring to one that is more appropriate to whatever the loose as tolerance the cheapo valve was made to is enough to fix the leak. Not difficult in the slightest.

DMan

Yeah...but when you’re out and about, you need both a tank AND a pump.
Win goes to the Airtank pump :p
I know, I know.... But I had the pump and did I mention....... it was only $50!! :)

cammas

Seamstress
True. Unless you aren't in your shed....
Well if you’re in someone else’s shed use their compressor :rolleyes: :p
I guess I’ve been lucky most tyres seal up with floor pump just takes a bit of effort if not, some CO2 cartridges to seal it up, which you should be carrying if you need to do it trail side.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My 11yo Supercheap Auto compressor that cost $99 is still going great guns.
Not much chop for anything think more than inflating tyres though.
My Antlia branded 25L Repco compressor from around the same era was also $99.

First time I needed it for anything other than tubeless inflation was a couple of months ago with the Plasma Cutter I bought, only good for a 300mm cut before I needed to let the compressor catch up but I didn't need more than that anyway.

Still going like the day it was new.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Why don't you lot just leave pressure in the air tank on ya compressors and turn the valve off???
I just flick the valve on and use it. No waiting around for it to build up pressure.

If ya valve leaks, then fix it, usually swapping out the o-ring to one that is more appropriate to whatever the loose as tolerance the cheapo valve was made to is enough to fix the leak. Not difficult in the slightest.
You're supposed to let the water out of the tank...

moorey

call me Mia
My Antlia branded 25L Repco compressor from around the same era was also $99.

First time I needed it for anything other than tubeless inflation was a couple of months ago with the Plasma Cutter I bought, only good for a 300mm cut before I needed to let the compressor catch up but I didn't need more than that anyway.

Still going like the day it was new.
I’d been slack with releasing the moisture build up. Did it the other day.....quite a mess. :oops:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I’d been slack with releasing the moisture build up. Did it the other day.....quite a mess. :oops:
I used to run it with a bees dick whisp bleeding off the drain valve. Closed it over to maximise Plasma cut pressure, should probably crack it again.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
You're supposed to let the water out of the tank...
Yeah, occasionally. Alternatively just wait until the tank rusts through from the inside and the condensation lets itself out.
The tanks on the cheap compressors that we're talking about here I think would likely long outlast the motor/pump anyways.
If you're keen on draining the condensate after EVERY use, you still don't need to let all the air out, just the water...