Bargain buys thread

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
ooh, picked up a deore 4 pot from a canberra seller last week for just 40, he even gave me postage for 6? thought it might have been a rip off but it’s in great condiiton, barely used and near new pads

PS @ozzybmx forget the 175 cranks, science has moved past this size to 165/170, start sending some nudes [on oven] to youknowwho for a pair of his [bruised ass shot might get you over the line]
Was that on FB Marketplace?

I wouldn't mind a four pot for the front along with new levers. My plan is to upgrade the disc brakes on my daughter's next bike which will most likely be cable actuated to M500 calipers + M400 levers from my bike.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Wera hex key set at BikeComponents for 18euros ($28au)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
As for size, these are riding not fashion sunnies, together with the helmet it's not really gonna make a huge difference...
You say that, but as a person with a small head and a pair of out vipers...it does make a difference. I can't ride off road in them, they slide off my face just riding to the shops.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Wera hex key set at BikeComponents for 18euros ($28au)

+1 .. them Hex Plus keys will last a lifetime ... and your bolts will love you for it

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Ah found them! They're just listed as 'm/mod'.

The two I like are -

B Rock Pro with Rose Mod lenses

6th Sense with Brown Emerald Mod lenses

The B Rock are still in production but they look like a large fit which might not suite my small head.
I’ve got some BRock that I bought off @Plankosaurus a couple of years ago. Really like them. More comfy than those other Bolles I bought cheap from Pushys but the Brocks are a dark tint lenses only.

I don’t think I have a big/wide head.

Lucaw

Next in line
I don’t have face book. Can see they are pikes but what’s wrong? They are local so if you can get me contact details I’ll save you
I don’t have Facebook either, I just saw it when I was looking through as if I see something I like I ask my friends to message the person. The only information i have is from the description

Last edited:

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not a bargain but worth noting that bikebug now do free shipping on all orders, no minimum spend.
They do have some decent prices on stuff. I usually check them when shopping and have grabbed a few items from them in the past, and that was when they charged for shipping. If their prices don’t increase to cover shipping, they will be competitive.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
They do have some decent prices on stuff. I usually check them when shopping and have grabbed a few items from them in the past, and that was when they charged for shipping. If their prices don’t increase to cover shipping, they will be competitive.
Back a few months they had the full range of Shimano and SRAM brake rotors when everywhere else was flogged. Prices were right too.

Scotty675

Cable thief
For once it’s good to get postage to anywhere in Tassie. Might take a week or 2 to get here but that’s a small price to pay

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
^a couple of times recently with BikeBug I’ve ordered stuff to collect from the Prahran shop, and then got a StarTrack link for the item when they post it from their Sydney warehouse down to Melbourne... Given pickup orders are free it always struck me like they should have just shipped it direct in cases where they didn’t have local stock.

Petero

Likes Dirt
^a couple of times recently with BikeBug I’ve ordered stuff to collect from the Prahran shop, and then got a StarTrack link for the item when they post it from their Sydney warehouse down to Melbourne... Given pickup orders are free it always struck me like they should have just shipped it direct in cases where they didn’t have local stock.
I believe this is one reason for the change as they post the items individually to the pickup store rather than as a bulk shipment...
As such you could also use the tracking to alter the delivery address, hypothetically of course...

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk