Bargain buys thread

K.C.

Likes Dirt

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
FML, these helmet on M/L are oval AF that pinches my head on top of the ears. S/M on Fox fit fine tho :mad:
hmmmm, will wait till pushy clearance sale ends then flip it on FB marketplace for $250 and get myself a spot on the douche list:p
any recommendation for helmets that fit well on round head?
POC sizing and shape is fucking weird, IMO. If you have a head that fits fox, bell will probably be ok too. I had a fox flux, and currently got a bell super (2r?) that fit my head quite well. lusting after a fox speedframe to replace the Bell super.

ausdb

Being who he is
Do you have someone that you trust to weld it?

We used a guy for some old swingarms. Had no returns/issues since so I guess he did a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No not really I've got my own TIG but DC only so no ali. I'm planning to make a 'dowel' out of carbon to fit in the stay and bond it in place then some external plies around it to reinforce it. It's broken right at the top of the calliper mount.
I was thinking as it's old and made in the US it will be 6061 so unless I could post heat treat it welding would be a temporary fix anyway.

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
No not really I've got my own TIG but DC only so no ali. I'm planning to make a 'dowel' out of carbon to fit in the stay and bond it in place then some external plies around it to reinforce it. It's broken right at the top of the calliper mount.
I was thinking as it's old and made in the US it will be 6061 so unless I could post heat treat it welding would be a temporary fix anyway.
I can try to dig up his name if you like.
He could weld it, then you could still carbon wrap of that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

safreek

You don’t carry mini pliers? I carry one I grabbed from Bunnings. It’s ace.
About the size of your little finger.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/gerber-...h9n0zAbzhdf9p_f1EgAaApn7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
View attachment 373952View attachment 373953
Got one today on your recommendation, hope they are all good. Chinese made so hope they are as good as the USA made ones.
Had a hunting Gerber (USA) that was brilliant, had it for over 10 years before it was stolen.
Bloody vegans with bacon strips :(

Petero

Likes Dirt
Garmins on sale.
Was going to buy the 935 from Amazon on sale ($374) but then also noticed the Instinct price had dropped to $249. I have a decent everyday watch for the office so only really need one for activity tracking so was happy to save the $100+ for much the same tracking features.

Also up to extra 10$ or $15 off with certain promo codes (order through app / first order respectively)

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FML, these helmet on M/L are oval AF that pinches my head on top of the ears. S/M on Fox fit fine tho :mad:
hmmmm, will wait till pushy clearance sale ends then flip it on FB marketplace for $250 and get myself a spot on the douche list:p
any recommendation for helmets that fit well on round head?